Cubase 8.0.35 maintenance updates available

On my end 8.0.35 is exactly as laggy as 8.0.3, and this is being confirmed by the fixes list.
After reading your post I thought I’d give it a shot, in the hope that the issue might have been silently fixed.
Wasted time.

Can Steinberg please give us an ETA on this issue?

This issue has been introduced in 8.0.30 and there are a few issue reports about it and variations thereof. On my end there is a considerable lag when I move parts, events or midi events. Turning crosshairs off helps a little, but the lag is still there. We need the crosshairs, so this is not an option anyway.
I am also getting the occasional GUI stutter.

Ditto.

The 8.0.35 update was a big disappoint in this regard.

I appled the 8.0.35 update as well. Definitely boots up a lot faster. However, one serious bug remains - Cubase won’t recognize my Novation Impulse 61 unless I unplug the USB cable, then plug it back in. Also, I’ve had Automap 4.9 crash while using Cubase Any workaround for this?

I have a Scarlett 2i4 and think there are some Latency issues related to the Scarlet drivers. Also, you may need to further optimize your PC for digital audio application? Good luck.

FAILS TO UPDATE 32Bit Cubase 8 Pro

This Update Isn’t working for my Cubase 8 Pro 32bit Version but works on the 64bit Version and the other features.

The Update fails every time I try it. I’ve always Launched it as Administrator, I’ve even Reboot windows a Fresh to try and Update to no avail.
Cubase Update Fail.jpg
Cubase Update Fail2.jpg

Computer Specifications Below:

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz 61 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 933MHz (9-10-9-28)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V (LGA1155) 36 °C
Graphics
LG ULTRAWIDE (2560x1080@59Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 3000 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Audio
Universal Audio Apollo Audio

If you unpack the installer (for example with winrar) you can also find the 32 bit update separately. Try that.

When will the C8.0 maintenance update be available to solve the issue with Windows users who use small window borders?

Thanks

Here is a video showing the midi editor lag. Especially apparent at 21 seconds when trying to draw cc1.

From various posts it seems to be an issue with ASUS motherboards. Either this or could it be an issue with 2011 pin CPU’s (2011 not 2011v3).

Well, this will not happen, I’m afraid :frowning:
Btw; As I was saying weeks ago, the only way to get true compatibility with the latest OS X El Capitan, is to purchase Cubase 8.5.
Ditto.

Okay so its me again! :cry:

After my update failed, I thought I could use my Cubase as normal one being updated (64bit version) and the other not (32bit version) but its no longer Importing audio file into the 32bit version of the DAW. :blush: :confused:

keep in mind I use the 32bit version more due to plugin compatibility. I use some plugins that are no longer made on 64bit that are a part of my everyday mixes.

Regardless of this, I now have to import my audio files into the 64bit version of the DAW to record an artist and then switch back over (open the project in 32bit variant) for the mixing process…

This is A Pain and really uninstalling all the Cubase versions to Re-install them hoping the problem solves is too much trouble. :imp:

I really hoped this would have worked but it didn’t. I keep getting my same Error message that it Fails.
That was a really good idea though :nerd:

my next bet is trying to update in safe mode? if windows will allow it :neutral_face: :confused: :question:

Next thing I would try is to completely uninstal the 32 bit version and then reinstall. Sometimes if one if the needed files is not found the installer fails.

Hi, have you cleared all your windows Temp directories? Also, you may want to consider a fresh install then update… as Vinark as stated.

I’m keen to try the update but it won’t update for me. After installation is complete only my 32bit Cubase is updated to 8.0.35. My 64bit Cubase stays on 8.0.30. Re-running the installer tells me that everything has been updated and nothing more needs to be done.

8.0.35 doesn’t open for me. I’m getting eLicenser error saying its not authorized. Where is the fix for this going to come from? Is it an Apple issue with El Capitan or a Steinberg/eLicenser issue?

Is this the last update for 8.0 ?

I recall someone from Steinberg saying (in this forum) that there would be an 8.0.40. So, stay tuned…

Will the bug where the left and right locators do not follow the mouse be fixed?