Cubase 8.05 freezes (Not Responding) when used with Behringer BCF2000 (in Mackie Control mode), following the following process (on a Windows 8.1 64bit machine):
- Turn on Behringer BCF2000 (connected on USB, set up in Mackie Control emulation mode)
- Open Cubase, open a project
- Open Devices->Device Setp, add (+) “Mackie Control”. Behringer BCF2000 should now work, e.g. allow you to change volume on the tracks.
- Turn off Behringer BCF2000.
- Turn On Behringer BCF2000. Now Cubase does not recognise the device.
- Open Devices, remove (-) the Mackie Control. Then Add (+) Mackie Control and Cubase freezes.
Once Cubase freezes, I can only force close it using Windows Task Manager.
Has this been reported before?
Would be grateful if Steinberg addressed this, to allow adding MIDI controllers after Cubase has been started.