Cubase 8.5.15 update now available

Dear Cubase 8.5 users,

We are pleased to announce the availability of the 8.5.15 maintenance update for Cubase Pro 8.5 and Cubase Artist 8.5.

To respond as quickly as possible to urgent user requests, two issues have been fixed with this minor maintenance update.This update resolves the issue where VCA connected channels are rendered unusable when adjusting the volume fader with the mouse scroll wheel alongside an issue with the video engine stopping when outputting video to external devices.

The update is now available for download from the Steinberg website.
For detailed information, please view the corresponding version history on the download page.

The 8.5.15 updaters are available here:

Cubase Pro 8.5 downloads
Cubase Artist 8.5 downloads

Thank you for choosing Cubase!

There’s a problem on the Windows installer…

Cubase85_64bit.msi error not valid copy of package

+1

Installed without any errors, VCA issue not reproducible by me anymore.

Regarding installation problems, please see if this helps:

Dear Fabio Bartolini, we must not solve us problems installing rather Steinberg must correct the problem and not us reinstall the program. We work like you and I expect an installer bug fix soon, please don’t impute anything to Windows … thx

Sorry you are pointing us to thread that contains no firm answers or approaches. It is guess work… Can you do better here and give us some concrete steps as requested in the thread?

@lucaleonori: I’m not blaming Microsoft, this kind of stuff can happen.

The most common error in this case is 1603, you can find more about it here: MSI installation error 1603 - Windows Server | Microsoft Learn

I posted a more detailed procedure in the other thread - please discuss there.