Cubase 8.5 crashing on startup

Hello, I am currently having an issue with ever since I updated my mac to big sur.
I am running cubase pro 8.5 on a late 2015 Imac 21.5-inch. As soon as I click to launch
the program, I am greeted by problem report for cubase. So after having encountered this
ongoing issue, I immediately did what I could to try to resolve the issue. I tried removing old
plugins I no longer had any use for, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling cubase 8.5, tried also uninstalling cubase 8.5 and installing new versions of cubase, but that was pointless, since I would
need an activation key, and I apparently to do not meet the grace period requisites to upgrade to a new version. I also tried updating Ilok, elicenser as well. All my attempts in finding a solution were futile. I am at a wit’s end, I don’t know what else I can do to fix this issue. I reinstalled cubase 8.5 and I’m stilling encountering the same issue. Please help.

please help :weary:

I have been going through the same problem. Updated to Big Sur yesterday. Cubase 8 opens easily but 8.5 can’t. It just crashes. I wasn’t opening on Catalina as well.

I uninstalled and re-installed several times but still the same issue.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.