Cubase 8.5 / Play issues

Hey everyone,

I got Play showing up in my VST plugins list (finally)…

So when I boot up Cubase after installing Play… It stops booting when it’s “Initializing VST 2. x Plugin → play_VST_x64” (Cubase stopped working).

Then I boot Cubase again… and it seems to skip it and it boots perfect.

BUT, no “Play” showing up in the VST plugins, so I go to Devices > Plugin Manager, I click Refresh and then I get the following error: “A serious problem has occured: Please try to save your project under another name and then restart Cubase8.5.EXE. If this problem persists… etc etc”.

I click “OK”, then I click Refresh again, and it says: 1 new VST instrument found.

Then I finally can find (and load) Play. And it seems to work on first instance…

But when I close Cubase and open it again… I get the “A serious problem has occured” error again, when trying to load Play. And then it’s not working at all. So I basically can’t use it the way I want to.

I have been working with Cubase 8.5, Windows 7 64 bit, and Play for a long while, on a daily basis, and since some Windows updates last week, it seems to be messed up.

(For some plugins in Cubase I had to re-locate the license key after the updates, but I didn’t had any other issues with them).

All help is appreciated.

Thanks ALOT in advance! :slight_smile:
Knipsel2.PNG.jpg