Cubase 8.5 still hangs on exit

Hi all,

just updated to Cubase Pro 8.5 and still have that weird hang issue since 8.0.

1. Close project
  2. Close Cubase

= hang (not always, but half of the time)

It seems that if you wait a little longer then 5 seconds before you close Cubase that it hangs less.

Anyone else ?

thanks,

Hans

Hi,

What OS do you use?

Hi Martin,

Right now I’m using Windows 10 64bits (24G ram) i7 6x core

But this also happened in Windows 7 64 bits since v8.0

I also use a M-Audio Audiophile 192 PCI card

thanks,

Hans

Hi Hans,

When it’s Windows system, it’s probably not the Video Engine hangs, known on Mac OS X.

Could yo try to trash yourpreferencemi for a while, and test, if it’s the same with the fresh Preferences, please?

Hi Martin, not sure what you mean, trash sound preferences and reset to default ? Can I save my current preferences first ?

thanks,

Hans

My CP8.5 hangs forever…just will not shut down so aint using it at the mo…C8.0.35 is working perfectly for me so staying with it untill they fix 8.5…

Hi,

I’m sorry, there was the auto correction. I mean this Trashing of Preferences.

My Cb8.5 hangs on exit sometimes, but that’s only when the project is starting to get more complex. I still put it down to using 32bit plugins but I’ve never found a culprit - life’s too short and I like using the old plugs :slight_smile:

Mike.
[Win7, Cb8.5]

Thanks Martin, will check this out.

cheers,

Hans

Hi Martin, now I remember having done this before in v8, the problem really seems to be related to removing files from memory before you exit the program. If you wait a few seconds (especially with memory heavy plugins) then it’s mostly ok, if you close it too early then it will hang.

thanks,

Hans