Cubase 8.5 - what is your impression ?

Windows still are not dockable properly. The transport bar problem I had with it disappearing all the time which was fixed in C8 and broken again in C8.0.30 seems still not to work. so sick of having to press ‘F2’ all the time.

Big positive though for my system does not have as many audio glitches when a few tracks all start at once. All old projects open without issue as well.

First impressions … i like it the auto copy function will be a major time saver for me :wink:

Guys I’m disappointed. SB you’re so greedy. It’s not about 50$ or Euro for this 8.5, it’s about the time. The point is that all these new features are miserable and many of them are incomplete (for instance MIDI editing) (and btw I can’t call eliminating of hovering in the Mixer a feature - it’s a fix). There are 1206 topics in the Feature Requests and Suggestions section of the forum, let’s say that only 100 of those requests deserve implementation, but how many things of that list have you brought to life this time, three, perhaps four? So it will take you about 25 years to embody all the best ideas of your present customers. It’s unbelievable! Why?

the ruler zoom is still not locked with the cursor on the X axis :frowning::(:frowning: why???

All the gui/workflow enhancements are very effective - except for those side-window pop-out tabs, which took less than about 3 seconds to completely irritate me. Retrologue has been overhauled more than SB indicates (funny how they always undersell features in new versions, isn’t it), and the overall vst gui handling seems much improved…eg., D16’s LuSH101 which used to open after a noticeable delay, refreshes immediately now. Fxpansion products snappier as well. ASIO guard is has been “calmer” so far as well. The drum map changes are a god send. A much nicer update than it might initially appear on paper - get it.

Don’t know about anyone else but I’m kind of digging Retrologue 2
I’m also kind of surprised they haven’t made more of it.

It seems as if though it’s more important to add features that should have been there 10 years already and charging for it is much more important than fixing existing bugs it seems. That’s why. Welcome to the subscription sales model of the future. :unamused:

Yes, and the new MediaBay design is fantastic! All of a sudden I realized all the stuff I have been buying over the years… well done Steinberg. Instruments, Loops & Samples, Track Presets etc. all right before my eyes.

So far really impressed. Feels a lot more finished than 8. The text seems sharper/more consistent. No issues at all so far - very smooth.

anyone tested on El Capitan map w/ Retina?

I grieve with you…

Hello, guys! :slight_smile: I’ve checked in the system requirements, and Windows 7 isn’t listed as supported. Does someone of you tried to install Cubase Pro 8.5 on Windows 7, anyway? Is it possible to be installed and to work as expected?
Thank you! :slight_smile:

You guys with the 8.5 version are really lucky as I paid my upgrade this afternoon, and after my order mail with activation code…,no download link in MySteinberg!!! Only possible to download the old 8 version!!!
Thought I might rather put in the activation code SB sent me by mail in the e-licenser, but now I have an activated cubase pro 8.5 version but a download page in MySteinberg account has completely disappeared?. No way to download the bloody software. Of course I’ve sent a mail to support, but no news… Really P.ss.d off not to be able to check my version out, but paid 49,99€ never the less…
Great :imp:

I know. Weird isn’t it?

(2550$+25199$)*(number of users) = $$$
maybe that’s why :wink:

Could someone who has installed 8.5 please tell me - Has the laggy feel of the GUI in the Windows version been fixed??

It’s difficult to imagine that Steinberg would quietly drop support for a (still) popular OS in the middle of a version. That would really hurt their bottom line. :wink:

Thanks!

I installed it with no issues at all. And Windows 7 is listed…

Regards :sunglasses:

Most of the text is retina but the icons in the arrange and mixer window are not retina.

Definitely an improvement though.