Cubase 8 Artist unable to see USB audio interface

My Cubase Artist 8 is unable to see my Axe-FX II connected as an external USB audio interface.
But Cubase 7.5 recognises it perfectly fine in exactly the same setup.

My system is:
All systems, drivers and programs are native 32bit
Laptop: Sony Vaio VGN-CR220E
External USB Audio Interface: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II, firmware version 17.02 (Dec 7, 2014). Fractal USB audio driver v2.23.0.
Cubase Artist 7.5 version 7.5.0 built 114
Cubase Artist 8 version 8.0.5 built 418, installed without removing Cubase 7.5

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Connect Axe-Fx II to the USB slot on the laptop
  2. Turn on Axe-Fx II
  3. Start Cubase Artist 8
  4. Cancel the opening Steinberg Hub page, do not create any projects
  5. Click F4, the VST Connections window opens
  6. Check available Device Ports in both the Inputs and Outputs tabs.
  7. Result: no Axe-FX II ports available in the list!

Then, to see that Cubase 7.5 is able to see the Axe-FX II ports in exactly the same setup:
8. Close Cubase 8
9. Start Cubase 7.5
10. Repeat steps 4-6 in Cubase 7.5
11. Result: all Axe-FX II ports (4 inputs and 2 outputs) are included in the list, as they should be

Have you selected the correct ASIO driver for Cubase:
Devices > Device Setup > VST Audio System > ASIO Driver

Maybe if you tilt your monitor a bit farther downward it will be able to see it :lol; Sorry couldn’t resist…

But seriously. Before opening VST connections, open Device Setup and under VST Audio System select the Driver (you can always doublecheck with the same setting in Cubase 7.5). Then you can create your buses in VST connections.

BriHar, Jarno, thanks a lot, that was exactly my problem. Yeah, I know how these newbie questions feel, so I appreciate the time you took to help me.

Hey guys I’m here with a similar problem, I have the generic low latency asio driver selected, my out puts are working fine on my speakers and I can use the virtual keyboard to record and program parts into it, the problem is setting up inputs, I can’t get any of my or my friends DI box’s to work on the computer, they don’t appear on the device ports,audio inputs actually says Not connected and when I try to open it and select an audio device IE Generic low latency asio driver it just won’t connect to that at all. Completely at a loss as of what do if anyone could help me that’d be much appreciated.