Cubase 8 crashes when it calls to my drives

Hi all,

I get random crashes when I go to:

1. Pool - Import: it crashes after pressing te “import” button, right when it should show me my computer drives.
  2. Save as…: the same as before: it crashes after pressing “save as…” when it should show my computer drives.
  3. Creating a new project, just when your drives should come up for work folder selection.

May be I’m messing couple more but those 3 are the most common since I use them very often.

In any case, when I re open Cubase, I can do what I wanted before with no crashes at all.

I’m running on Yosemite 10.10.2 and Cubase 8.0.10
I wouldn’t care about the software version anyway, since it happen on Mavericks and Cubases’s 8 first release.

Thanks!
Guido

Hello,

I cannot reproduce this on Yosemite, perhaps you could try the following:
Starting Cubase in safe mode, repairing the disk permissions, which versión of Cubase are you running 32 or 64 bits?
Do you have FileVault activated?

Best regards,
GN

Thanks Guillermo.

Just ran Cubase in safe mode and repaired disk permissions. No crashes today but I couldn’t try it long enough. Will see how it goes in this days and will back to you.

Regarding your questions:

• It’s the 64 version.
  • I do not have File Vault activated.

Will write again with more news.
Best!
Guido

Hi Guillermo,

It’s been a while since the last time! I’d say that those random crashes gone away, but there is one particular situation that still causing the same type of crash:

When I open a Cubase 8.0.1 project in Cubase 8.0.3 (my current version), it crashes when:

• I want to import audio from the pool
  • I want to save as
  • I want to backup project

Anything that calls to my system, I’d say.
After the crash, I can re open Cubase, the old project and can open everything I need. Like it always should!

Any ideas?
Thanks,

Guido

Hello,

It is some times happens, it will go away once you open all your projects in Cubase Pro 8.0.30

Best regards,
GN

Thanks Guillermo. Do you know if it still happen on Cubase Pro 8.5?

Hello,

It actually shouldn’t happen in Cubase Pro 8.0.30 I guess it has to do with the way Cubase is accessing your drivers. It seems like unique to your system.
We are releasing a new maintenance update for Cubase Pro 8.0.30 before the end of the year, you should try with that.

Perhaps you should add some crash logs as an attachment, so I can send them directly to the devs.

Best regards,
GN

Ok. I’ll wait until the update and check again if this still happen. If so, I’ll send you the crash logs.
Thanks,

Guido

Hi Guillermo,

Still no luck with the last version (8.0.35). I’m attaching you the crash log so you can take a look at it.
Looking forward!
Thanks,

Guido
Cubase 8_2015-12-29-163655_Guidos-Mac-Pro.crash.zip (27.8 KB)