Cubase 8 crashing when idle

Hi,

you can zip them and attach the zip file here.
To create the NFO: Start → type msinfo32 in the search field and hit [enter] → In the System Information panel, go to File → Save (not export, please, it generates a pretty useless txt file). I’m sending you a PM, so you can also send me an e-mail (preferable).

Thank you!

Fabio has been so helpful via email! I somehow managed to stop the crashing during idle, but now it is only the video service.

“The video service for decoding video stopped working. This may affect MediaBay Scanning, video import and playback. Please save your project and restart the application.” Cubase 8 and cubase 7.5 both say this message shortly after I start playback after returning from idle.

I wish I know what I did to fix it, but it’s possible one of these fixed it: I tried is the registry change to unpark all of my CPUs. Another is I uninstalled some programs. I also reset my paging file from a 200MB max to “Let Windows manage the size of the page file for me”

Great news. After deleting Cubase 8 preferences, this morning, Cubase 8 is functional! It’s possible something else may have been involved, but wiping the prefs did the trick!

This issue seemed to have been fixed as well: Almost a Crash? Complete Lockup - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

I have a somewhat similar problem here, although using Cubase 9.5 now.

When I leave cubase OR nuendo idle for a few hours, I suddenly lose the output signals.
As in, when I press play, the meters do not show anything at all. Everything is quiet. Even my browser wouldn’t be able to playback youtube videos.
I think it has something to do with my Fireface UCX USB. And btw, I’ve already put on the Steinberg Power Scheme, so I’m not sure if it’s the “selective usb suspend” problem thing.

Any suggestions?