Cubase 8 - Different Speaker Levels in Control Room

Long time Cubase User running Cubase 8 on an iMac with a Steinberg MR816CSX as my main interface - with a Nuendo 8 I/O for additional ins and outs and master clock.

This is the first time I’ve actually started using Control Room for speaker management (Mackie HR824s, Yamaha NS10s, Auratones, and some old TOA bookshelf speakers) and CueMixes. Cool stuff.

I’m sure there is a simple solution for this, but where do I set the different levels for my speakers within the Control Room and SAVE those various levels? Three of the speakers are close in volume, but the Auratones are crazy loud. I can change the levels with the main “red” mix knob, of course, but I’d love to have the ability to set-and-forget the levels.

I’ve scoured the forums and manuals for this and coming up empty.

Adam - JetpackStudios

Edit: I’ve pulled up a Steinberg Control Room Video for Cubase 7 that shows how to do this, but I’m not seeing the same Volume Function/Features in the Control Room Setup for Cubase 8 - weird.

I’m not at my DAW right now but there is an Input Gain on each of the four Monitor channels (it’s a horizontal bar, not a knob). You can find it under the Monitors section of the Control Room.

Worked a treat for me until my son “borrowed” my second set of monitors :slight_smile:

I’ll see if I can take a screenshot for you if I can get to my DAW before work. It’s not shown in the manual, just briefly mentioned in the wording.

Cheers

Rob