Cubase 8 Pro 8.0.20 update will not run

Downloaded 8.0.20 and it will not run.

I get the Windows popup asking if I want it to run then it just sits there in task manager doing nothing

Have rebooted and still no joy, any thoughts?

Windows 7 SP1 64bit

Thanks in advance

I would suggest uninstalling Cubase Pro 8, then reinstall from the Complete Installer in your MySteinberg account. Then run the update again. Do you have the same problem then? Thank you.

Hi Chris

Wow just uninstall and reinstall, not sure how much time you have in your day for that sort of thing but I can assure you I don’t have the time for that.

I’ll just keep working with 8.0.5 until an installer that works (on my system) or you give me a link to the uncompressed files.

Aside from the time it takes to download, an uninstall/reinstall of Cubase Pro 8 should be a relatively quick process. If the installation is damaged, I do not know that a future update would be able to install. I would suggest downloading the Complete Installer for Cubase Pro 8 from your MySteinberg account to have for any future install.

The other thing that occurs is if this installer does not run now, why should it run in the future?

I will try and scheduled in some time to do this

My expectation is that the reinstallation of Cubase Pro 8 from the Complete Installer will correct the registry error that is likely stopping your update from being properly applied to the current installation.