Cubase 8 pro - dragging midi / audio bars

Hello everyone!

After a long time spent on Cubase 5 I recently upgraded to Cubase 8 Pro… I’m liking it a lot so far, however there’s one thing (among things) that has been somehow bothering me: when I dragged an audio / midi bar in the old Cubase while I did it’d still show me the original placement - no matter if I moved up, down, left or right it still showed me where the old one was sitting, so I was able to easily determine just how much I was actually moving the bar from the original placement… now when I do that it just moves my bar around but I have no reference of the original position so this is somewhat “impairing” my workflow…
Is there any way to restore this function or it’s been removed entirely?
Thanks in advance and sorry for the stupid question!

Hi,

if I understand you correctly, hold Ctrl (Windows) or Cmd (Mac) while moving/copying the event. The position (if you move from one track to another one), or the track (if you move it in the track) will be kept.

Thank you very much for your help!
I tried this and indeed it does help when I drag an event from one track to another (even though I find that the old way that would show you where the original event was placed after you dragged it down was certainly more convenient), however moving the event inside the track while holding down ctrl doesn’t seem to produce any effect… I take it the “visual effect” that would still show the event in its original place while you drag it around inside the track has been removed altogether :confused:
Guess I’ll just have to get used to it…

To moving the event inside track while holding Ctrl makes sure, you will not move the event to another track by accident.