Cubase 8 Pro Performance

quote=“dman2014”]This is seriously rubbish, 1 VST - please see images

Not happy.[/quote]
j’ai tout désinstallé et réinstallé et il me semble que ça va un peu mieux du côté d’halion sonic SE .Pourquoi ? je ne sais pas.
Mais je ne peux toujours pas installer Studio Manager pour piloter ma console 01V96VCM; je ne trouve pas de version du logiciel Studio manager Yamaha depuis 2009.??? il est toujours en 32bits et ne semble pas compatible avec Cubase 8.
le SAV steinberg est en vacances de Noël depuis samedi 20 alors qu’ils viennent de sortir Cubase plein de bugs ! c’est pas très sérieux.pas beaucoup de respect pour les clients qui leur ont fait confiance !

Further to my earlier posts, I put 7.5 back on the computer.

The image uploaded shows the performance meter for the same VST that was over-taxing Cubase 8 Pro

You can see the difference, the performance is significantly worse in 8 pro.

Still haven’t had a reply from Steinberg.

I compared the output signal from VSTs in 7.5 and 8, and they are different. I also heard and saw a difference between 7.5 and 8 at 44.1 vs 96. In 8 @ 44.1, for some reason there are more low and low-mid frequencies in play. They’re colouring the sound. I could especially hear it on Dark Planets. If I change to 96, those lower frequencies are not present. At 48, you can hear them more present.

When I try it in Cubase 7.5, though, those frequencies are not there at 44.1

I tried another VST and had the same type of issue (I used another DAW and a stand-alone version of the VST as a point of reference).

Something is not right here.

My previous images show that, although the Cubase 8 performance meters were red-lining and going crazy, task manager showed that neither my CPU, disk nor memory were being taxed that much.

And, again, Cubase 7 performance meters showed much, much better performance.

:frowning:

The images below are taken via Cubase 8 from exactly the same time, MIDI and VST output at 44.1, 48 and 96.

You can see similarities with 44.1 and 48, and how 96 is so much different.

But the same done in Cubase 7.5 does not show these differences.

I am now concerned about other audio, as I seem to be getting low-end colouration on audio in Cubase 8 @ 44.1 and 48 that is not there in Cubase 7.5.

I’ve uploaded images of the curves with another instrument at 44.1 and 96 in Cubase 7.5 and 8. They are audibly different when compared in the two versions. However, in 8 there is more colour compared to the stand alone, which is not desirable at all.

I also uploaded task manager showing differences with the same thing loaded and playing in 7.5 and 8.

The other images…

You can see from task manager how much extra Cubase 8 is throwing at my processor

I am sorry but the difference between the waveforms seem less than conclusive to me. Especially given that we don’t know the audio interface you are using and of course the monitors that you use. The only way you might be able to prove this hypothesis is to use test tones at different frequencies to achieve stable and reliable results. Freezing the playback of a piece of music at a certain point will almost certainly produce differing results owing to complexity of the waveform and the inexactitude of stopping in exactly the same place.
At 96 hkz it is sampling a much wider frequency range at the top and the bottom as you can see on the graph. In other words more top end and bottom end, as well as more detail in the midrange. In this case above 10khz and below 20hz.

I appreciate that.

However, I can here the difference when comparing v7.5 @ 44.1 and v8 @ 44.1 (and at 96)

I’ll test the tones as you say

The processor is consistently working more under 8

To be fair you should also consider the difference between the Asio Guard settings.

In terms of the audible differences, they happen whether asio guard is on or off.

I’ll do the tests with it on & off.

I have been working on a project (in 64bit) and the performance improvement was huge. I started adding plug-ins and vsti’s and it began to really slow down to the point where I had to greatly increase the buffer.

Took me a while to figure out what happenned.

I found that I had used a 32bit plug-in in the Cubase bridge. Took out the plug-in and the ASIO load dropped by a good 30 to 40%!

Sticking to 64 bit plugins on my main machine, and using only 32bit vsti’s via VEP on my slave.

So far I am really digging this new version!

My performance issues vanished when I upgraded my video card to a EVGA Geforce GTX 750ti. Run three monitors and Cubase 8 like a champ. Previously I had two video cards because one could only run two of the monitors.

I have a similar card. Just fed up with it to be honest. 7.5 runs great on my system, but 8 is just making me hate going into the studio now. :frowning:

I have not tried it on any large projects but I have a lot of little bugs. Often it takes a second for my VSL Ensemble to play but after playing that channel once, it works alright. Hopefully they will stabilize it soon.

I will try this method because i have 2 monitor with a radeon HD5450 video card.

My system goes well. I come from 7.5.30 and I notice an improvement (10% circa).

@soupermachine: quale parte della sezione “English Forum” non capisci? Vuoi comunicare con tutti o stai parlando da solo?

I know there’s people having both good and bad experiences with the changes in Cubase 8 Pro that affect performance, and I wish my experience was good too.

For info, my graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 7450.

I’m disappointed because the problems I’m experiencing are forcing me to use 7.5 instead of 8. Obviously, I’m not happy that I have paid for the privilege.

But moreover. it means I can’t make use of the new features offered in 8 Pro.

I don’t have any other issues with any other software (or hardware), and it is only when using v8 Pro, not 7.5. So, I cannot help but think it relates to the re-engineered software in Cubase 8. Obviously, insofar as PCs go, software on and with different motherboards, chipsets, interfaces, drivers etc does not always behave the same in the real world.

I’m so disappointed that I’m forced to revert back to 7.5 or my alternate daw.

I did a complete clean install, didn’t make any difference :frowning: 7.5 is fine still :frowning: Normally, in 7.5 I can work on quite large, complex projects in 24/96 - no chance with 8 as it currently is :frowning: