Brief Spec: Apple MBP (15” Q4 2016 / 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 / Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB / 16GB DDR3) running macOS Sierra 10.12.3 ; LaCie 12Big; UA Apollo 8, Apollo Twin MkII Quad, Satellite Octo and Quad; Softube Console 1
- Create empty project
- Insert 16+ instrument tracks with each instance running NI Kontakt 5;
- Render tracks in place one-by-one;
- After 4-6 individual track renders, the rendering progress dialog box in Cubase will freeze or (in rare instances) the application will quit;
- In some instances not all of the audio files that have already been “successfully” rendered - up until this point - will be complete, as only a few bars may be present in the processed audio file;
- Upon force-quitting Cubase, a number of the audio files that appear to have rendered correctly will be found to be zero kilobytes in size when located in Finder.
N.B. Attempting to commit 32-bit/96kHz renders in place will simply result in Cubase freezing when the rendering progress dialog box appears.