Cubase 9.0.10 Update finally released!

+1

Thank you Steinberg! Keep up the good work and I’ll be yours forever.

Yes, thank you Steinberg

Midi Device Panels import not fixed in this update yet unfortunately.

I did get a reply from the helpdesk about the ticket I raised for this issue saying it will be fixed in an upcoming update, did’t say which one though…

Seems very odd there isn’t any notification of this update on the home page, and no announcement.

Looks good here.

Steve.

Can happily report that this…

Fixed an issue where new recorded MIDI Parts were not displayed in open Editor tab in the Lower Zone.

…also applies to the proper key editor window. Phew, thanks Steinberg.

Same problem as with Free Warp… This is a MAJOR bug and it is well documented. I really thought Steinberg would have fixed this for this update. :frowning:

Hello, that issue requires integrating a new library in Cubase.
Fix is set for 9.0.20, current status ‘Unresolved’.

So the Freewarp function can not be used in Cubase 9 then. Are there any workarounds to be able to free warp audio??

9.0.20 will be released in the summer?

This really bugs me, since I really like Cubase 9…

It was an issue for me, but there’s is a workaround - import midi devices in Cubase 8.5 and use it’s Midi Devices.bin file with Cubase 9 - it’s in %appdata%/Steinberg folder,

I guess the fix will come somewhere in june if the schedule from previous version stick (as it usually was). Half a year with an unworking software in this area-brilliant :imp:

There is no direct workaround in 9, but to revert to v 8.5. This is really unacceptable.

After the update it happens like this, once I just try to add the audio part from 1st track.
If I do the same with the audio part from 2nd track, it is ok and I can even create a new sample track with the first audio part.

wondering what’s that?

This is such a major bug that they should fix it immediately with a hot fix. Waiting months really is not acceptable for such a major feature that is broken.

Does VariAudio in Cubase 9.0.10 need to be abandoned also? (Does it use the same warping algorithm as Freewarp?).

It’s funny how Steinberg has time to release many updates for CP9… still full of bugs. Yet not even one update for CP8.5… At this point what are the choices? Should a user switch from one daw with major bugs to a newer daw with other bugs?

This kind of business practice makes me feel like selling all my Steinberg hardware and software and switch to another DAW…

You pretty much answer your own question in the question itself! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Isn’t it coincidence that there is always no demo for several months ?
Once you have paid it is not their problem anymore.

This is the one I was waiting for. Extremely disappointing. Back to 8.5

Incredible. This should be a priority.

I’m actually happy to hear about true solutions like these. Just like the upcoming new video engine, big changes take time, but are so worth it in the end.

Similarly, something like advanced (curved, sample accurate) automation isn’t a small job. When I get confirmation that’s actually being rewritten from scratch, then I couldn’t be more happy. I’m in it for the long game.

9.0.20 not coming until Summer is just speculation, right? Nobody’s officially said this?

I haven’t even run v9 since finding the elastique bug, which took all of five minutes.