Cubase 9.0.20 AND Ryzen 7 1700/1700x/1800x

This really sucks for people with 16 virtual cores or cores… why would MS do that and why is this not optional, I wonder…

just tested Ryzen 7 1700, it runs all my projects,… but! i did note some oddness, it randomly peaks the ASIO meter more so than i7 … hummm… I wish someone would create a basic OS that is only made for DAW. I am imagining a DAW, that installs like an OS ahhhhh … all the power dedicated towards creating music…

I built an 1800X Windows 10 setup specifically for Cubase. It is crashing constantly. I am sending all of my parts back and trying again. It could have something to do with the 1080ti GPU which seems like it has its own problems. I would do anything for a working, stable Cubase setup. But after 12+ years, I’ve still never had a stable Cubase experience but I’m too dumb to switch to a different DAW and relearn everything.

I’ve had many issues over the years but my new rig (see sig) is rock solid (at last) x99 may be soon obsolete but it performs well and has most of the bugs ironed out.