Cubase 9.0.20 maintenance update released

Understood. I do think they will probably want money for that though. Again, just my opinion.

I had CPU spikes with Omnisphere on Cubase 9.02 (Mac & Win).

The fix was to convert from a Track Instrument to a Rack Instrument. Then it runs fine.

Will this new Cubase 9 pro work with windows xp and windows professional ?

Do you know if this will work with windows XP and Windows Professional?

Window 7 64bit minimum requirement

What is a “Rack” Instrument? I see a track but not a “rack”.

You can load an VST instrument into the Rack by going to Devices >> VST Instruments and then clicking Rack at the bottom of the window that comes up.

You can do the same by clicking Rack at the bottom VST Instruments panel on the right of the main project window.

Once you have a Rack Instrument, which has outputs but no track you can record MIDI to, you have to make separate MIDI tracks and point them to your Rack Instrument. Rack instruments can have multiple outputs.

A Track Instrument is almost the same except, as the name suggests, it also has a track to record MIDI. If you need more than one set of outputs, however, you can setup MIDI tracks that point to the Track Instrument.

In the past Track Instruments only had only one set of outputs and Rack Instruments were for multiple sets of outputs, but now Track Instruments can have multiple sets of outputs too, so Track and Rack Instruments are nearly identical now.

Have to go back to 9.00.10. When looping just one track with audio I got dropout very often. Now it is working steady again.
Hoping for a better update in the future.

But it is very easy going back on win10 :slight_smile:

Hans Henrik

for real? I never use Rack Instruments, always Instrument Tracks. Seems odd they would stress your CPU/ASIO performance differently…

But I might just try out using Racks then.

It’s good to see Steinberg finally listening to users and patching some long standing bugs. Great update.

absolutely useless … i’m backing using 8.5 and noone will repsond to me about a refund on the update

I threw £100 at you for nothing. Cheers

buying studio one and never spending another penny with steinberg after being a cubase user for 15 years

Bye.

I have updated to version 9, but already regret it - I can’t use chord pads- it crushes all the time, problems with VST connections - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t ! When I close Cubase and open Ableton Live or Pro Tools, they crash and I have to restart my computer. This is the last time I buy an update for Cubase. No more, thanks !

Hi Alex, I’m not sure I understand but why would you think Protools and Ableton Live crashing is the fault of Cubase ?

K, bye.

9.0.20 is working well here, but I’d like to ask the obvious question… when is 9.0.30 coming? No indication from Steinberg, so it could be tomorrow, next week…

9.0.20 been working just fine for me as well on my system. Sucks that others have issues. Never quite understood how that happens…

As far as when the next update happens? Try to contact support. You will sooner find the update before you get a response… Maybe two days, maybe two months… Just sayin… lol