Cubase 9.0.30 maintenance update

Today we are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the latest Cubase maintenance update, version 9.0.30.

The update provides fixes and improvements throughout several areas of the application. It also introduces a state-of-the-art video engine that is no longer based on Apple QuickTime. The new engine supports various codecs on both Windows and macOS.

More details on the video engine can be found here:
New video engine starting with Cubase 9.0.30 and Nuendo 8

Download Cubase Pro 9.0.30

Download Cubase Artist 9.0.30

Download Cubase Elements 9.0.30

Download Cubase AI 9.0.30

Download Cubase LE 9.0.30

All details about the fixes and improvements can be found in the version history:
Version history pdf

Thank you Matthias. :wink:

An impressive list of improvements. My update went flawlessly.

Regards :sunglasses:

Relieved this is finally released for Cubase after 1 year, 3 months, 28 days (484 days) since the announcement that you were working on a new video engine, but is there also going to be a Cubase 8.5 update with the new video engine as originally promised?

Someone has to bring it up.

Seeing lots of familiar issues that are fixed, including my own… awesome!

And just for kicks, here’s what Steinberg said on April 20, 2016 for those who are curious:

“Independent of the current potential security issue, we already started working on a new video engine > a few months ago> . The discontinuation of the QuickTime support by Apple > forces us to invest even more resources in order to provide a solution at the earliest possible moment> . This, however, > will still take a couple of months> , but we’re striving for the availability of a Quicktime-independent video engine > still this year> .”

Bold added for emphasis. And again, that was written on April 20, 2016. So if we do the math, this new video engine has taken around 1 1/2 years to develop and release. In that time, Steinberg also finished development and released Cubase 9 and Nuendo 8.

Many thanks for this, really looking forward to the planned “video render export functionality (including audio)”! :smiley:

One question, in the linked article, it currently says “To enable import and playback of Avid DNxHD videos in Nuendo 8, you need to purchase the Video Decoder for Avid DNxHD in the Steinberg online shop”, does this mean:
(a) it is not available for Cubase 9
(b) it is not needed in Cubase 9 or
(c) Cubase 9 users can buy this and it will work in Cubase 9?
(i.e. Cubase 9 is not mentioned specifically in relation to the DNxHD codec, even though the matrix indicates that it is supported)

Thanks for fixing the performance issues with 9.0.20 … all the stuttering and slow-sluggish-GUI is gone now with 9.0.30!

Time to watch uarte continue beating this dead horse for the next few months, now that he no longer has something to complain about every week and there’s nothing else for him to do around these parts. Hopefully he’ll get tired of it quickly once he realizes that he’s the only one losing sleep over this.

Playhead staggers horribly when moving the mouse cursor around the screen.

only one audio loop

Logic X and Pro Tools work like a charm…smooth and steady.

hm… locked topic become unlocked for comments… I wasn’t expecting that :expressionless:

Your system will react to the amount of software it can handle. Cubase requires more resources as it has much more to offer.

If your setup can’t handle Cubase, then maybe you either do not need what Cubase has in options, or you need to step up the power of your system to run such software.

Nothing wrong with running other software if that is all you desire. Comparing a small program with limited features to another with so many options/features is like asking a two wheel drive KIA to compete with a Jeep on a mountain trail.

Complaining about this seems just silly to me. Flawless on my system. But my desktop
is built for only recording. Not a laptop that I use to check my FB or soundcloud members and think of it as viable for music. It just does not work that way for me.

Did you happen to notice that I’m a mac and your operating on a PC?

fact: there has been a common grievance among Mac users for a long time now.

Yep. And that sucks. I am a PC guy myself. It does seem that Cubase doesn’t work so good with Mac. But neither do I.

I agree that software should work on both formats but it not like MS or Apple are doing anyone any favors. Both are screwing software developers in many ways with limitations or updates that ultimately screw the user. At least with a PC, you can build to suit and not second mortgage your home…

Just my experience though. Not always smooth here either. Trust me… UR series interfaces/drivers almost killed me. Still not working for others for two years now. I had to rebuild. But it cost me $120 for a motherboard that works perfectly. Friggen pain in the pooper…

Not a lot that relates to me tbh but no problems updating. And it’s very, very nice to have export locations back.

Cubase 9.0.30 It’s always useless graphic performance in macos sierra 10.12.6 MacPro 5.1 / 12 core / 64gb ram / ASUS GTX1080 Founders Edition Graphics Card… :frowning: Why Why Why?

Just put steinberg on the G and H zoom keyboards the quick zoom function and speed up everything. Complicated? Just so round! Please

Couldn’t have written in better way. Tis really funny all these people who keep whining about Cubase disappointing them and that software XY is much better. I don’t care if they are right or wrong, but noone… NOONE is forcing them to stay with Cubase. :smiley: If you like Logic or other toys, go play with Logic. :laughing: Noone has ever said that any software of this kind is for everyone. Every company follows their own goals and focus on different kind of people. Don’t blame Steinberg for you having different tastes. Just follow the sign, if you wish. :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right:

Perhaps you’re too young to remember or just haven’t been using Cubase long enough to appreciate that Cubase used to work very well on Mac. For those of us that have invested in Cubase for a long time it’s clear that it’s not functioning as it once was. Comparing the GUI performance to both Pro Tools and Logic X Cubase 9.03 fails poorly on the Mac.

It’s known that Cubase runs slightly worse on Mac OS X than on Windows but it should be nowhere near unusable (many professional Cubase users use Macs).

Does anyone you know have a Mac? Maybe they would allow you to test Cubase on it if you ask, just to check if your projects run any better outside of your setup.

Windows10
Installed fine as always!
Its great too see some old bugs are fixed finally! Thank you!