Cubase 9.5.10 Crashes

Hi,

been having some crashes again. Mostly directly after loading my template. When it happens the system performance meter doesn´t show anything and after a few seconds it crashes.

Last crash happend when I disabled a bunch of tracks, and then enabled one of them again.

What is causing the crashes?

This never happens using Cubase 9.0.30.

Thank you
CrashDumps (crashes on loading template).rar (2 MB)

Hi!

• 1 Crash loading FX Chain preset

Crash dumps:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HQMaFXgnl6zGJyaA6VBynfS3xZJhMDwt/view?usp=sharing

Kind regards, Alexander

i’m having a crash issue in 9.5.10. only happens when i close one session and open another. “serious error” then crash dump- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DassrDEAcEt7ffbLs26sv_EZ7k6revDD

windows 10 64 bit, amd phenom 2 x6 1055t 2.8ghz, 8gb ram, kingston boot drive

Another crash in Cubase 9.5.10. I´m using 9.0.30 now instead since there has been a bit too much crashes in 9.5.10.

I guess I can´t do anything to stop 9.5 from crashing? Since 9.0.30 works flawlessly. Just wait for an update?

I still of course want to know what is causing the crashes?

Thanks again
Cubase 9.5.10.79 64bit 2018.1.11 18.19 (middle of a project, was just editing a midi part).rar (111 KB)

More crashes. Steinberg help?
Cubase 9.5.10.79 64bit 2018.1.13 16.21.rar (1.45 MB)
Cubase 9.5.10.79 64bit 2018.1.12 23.51.rar (1.95 MB)

I have done a clean re-installation of windows 10 three days ago, and since then there have been no crashes in Cubase 9.5.10. I´m not sure if the problem is gone yet but it looks good. I don´t know if there could have been some files messing things up in my previous windows 10 setup, or maybe it was because I was using the legacy driver for my firewire card that connects my RME fireface 400?

When I first installed windows 10 the legacy driver was a must because the default driver was causing the system a bluescreen. So I have kept it since because of it, thinking that was still a problem. But there is no problem with that anymore with the “Texas Instruments 1394 OCHI Compliant Host Controller” driver.

So maybe the legacy driver was the culprit?

Which driver should be used?

Thanks

Had a first crash yesterday since re-installation of windows 10 I did a week ago. Directly after loading my template again.

Am I supposed to send my crash dumps to steinberg support and not here?? I have still no answer about my crash dumps =/…

Thanks
Cubase 9.5.10.79 64bit 2018.1.19 22.16.rar (648 KB)

I’ve been experiencing similar crash/freezes on both Windows 7 and Windows 10.

I have noticed that I can open a project or launch a new project from the hub but when I try to “open” or “save as” with a new file name by clicking “file,” from within cubase, the crash happens as soon as I try to access a file name or type a new file name in “save as.”

So, my feeling is that cubase is having a problem calling out to Windows explorer.

My current work-a-round is to launch Windows explorer outside of cubase and double click the project file, which is associated with cubase, and the project opens automatically without a problem. I’m still stuck without a clean workaround for using “file/save as” so, I just simply use “save” and grimace a bit.

Hopefully Steinberg will find a fix for this issue.

As mentioned in a few other reports, the crash/freeze doesn’t even create a crash report. It’s just kills the whole program and saves nothing that was worked on.

Hey, guys and gals.
Okay, so I have a work-a-round fix that actually works. (for me)

Go into the Cubase Program “components” folder and remove the “HubService.dll” file. (Just take it out and put it somewhere in a folder where you can find it later in case you want to return it to the Component folder.)
Now, start cubase.

The left hand hub news panel is gone but the quick launch window is still there and everything else works.
Is that a big deal? Not for me.
Why? 'Cuz, I’m crash free and loving it.

So, until Steinberg offers a fix for the Hubservice… I can do without it if it means no crashing when I try to open or save a project.

Hope this helps others.

PE