Cubase 9.5.10 maintenance update

But are they even longer in 9.5.1 than they are in 9.5? That’s what I would like to know.

The Send colourings are still incorrect for me too.

Also, the ‘narrow insert slots’ bug in the Lower Zone is still there.

Hi,

No, the save times have not increased with the 9.5 release. Still we think that the save times are too long for Kontakt and we have been in touch with NI to solve the problem. But unfortunately there is nothing we can do on our side. The improvements have to be done at NI.

Cheers,
Matthias

It doesn’t help you right away, but both these bugs are in the backlog.

Yes, Softube will release an update in 2018 that will provide the Cubase integration.

Knowing that you guys aware of this are actually helping to feel better, it gives hope. Thank you for letting us know.

same here

nonsense.
with every previous daw that was supported, softube had to put out an update to enable that in that specific daw

Happy to see this update. ^-^

Thanks Matthias! I will get in touch with NI about this, too, to push them along. :slight_smile:

Nonsense was my thought… but obviously trusted what softubes rep said in the groups.

Well thanks for the update. I think it will fix some things i did not even know of, good one. I must say the 9.5 version did work pretty well. Though i hope some of the problems are away and have to see the forums here what users will say about it and for them still needs fixed. The 95 uodate was pretty stable and running, so that is at least not crashing or hanging so much (could work for hours on 95 and it did fine). So thx!

Crashes on exit seem to be reduced for me (might be related to the rewire fix, because i have Ableton Live installed). Thumbs up!

Any word on why the send colors still seem to be reversed Matthias?

Thx.

So… Let me get this straight:

1. The colour selector issue? NOT fixed.

2. The automation lanes appearing grayed out (even though there is automation data)? NOT fixed.

3. The Mixer History bug? NOT fixed.

I’m sorry to sound snippy, but these are not, IMO small issues, so consider me -slightly- underwhelmed. Maybe some of those other items were showstoppers, but as always I can only PLEAD with SB to at least give -some- indication that issues like these will -eventually- get resolved. It’s the not knowing that drive us NUTS.

This update primarily addresses issues that were already known around release and a few others. They’re obviously going to look into the most serious reported issues in the next updates. They’re way ahead of the usual schedule this time, so you’ll probably see something around Q1 2018.

The colors of the pre-fader and post-fader effects are consistent now. The old color setup was backwards.

If you want to change them, check the MixConsole Rack Colors in the Preferences window.

NO fix for the self disabling cue sends then?..

EDIT: Just checked and they DO appear to have been fixed now… just no mention in the changelog…

Thanks for sorting this one out as it was a massive PITA! :smiley:

Then why does it say they were fixed (and they’re not) in the version update document?

There was an issue where the colors were wrong when importing a project from an older version, I believe.

There’s nothing to fix now, the colors were just changed to match the inserts.

Correct.

Darker color is Pre Fader.
Lighter Color is Post Fader.

This is consistent for Inserts and Sends.
I’m happy. And the color choices are fine for me.

I did play with changing them in Preferences and it IS a bit wonky.
However, I was able to change then to other - still consistent - colors.
Just had to change, apply, then do a little pre/post switching in the Mix Console.
You know, fiddle about. It worked.

Then I reset them to the original (I had saved it as a Preset) cause I like those colors.

Hugh