Cubase 9.5.20 maintenance update

Glad I read about the “Import Track from Project” bug introduced in this update … I use it very often…

Whats Steiny’s response to this?

Will stick to 9.5.1 for now…

Okay, so it’s not just me then. Too bad, this makes the Lower Zone useless because I have to constantly go to the Console to make changes to insert plugins. I don’t understand why they thought this was fixed. :confused:

Yes, Steinberg please respond! This is an essential feature…

Hi Matthias, can you also add that likely related to this bug (strikethorugh) that we’ve also lost the ability to make the channel widths in the mixer smaller (as was possible in 9 and 9.5.10) before the channel meter numbers disappear (narrow channel spec). A small but important bug! Thank you.

Thank you for forwarding it and for asking what else do I have.
Not so many. And I have to apologize for being too dramatic, there are not much left for me and not so serious. It’s just I was very disappointed about this critical bug being unfixed. But now once I got feedback from you it does feel better and gives hope.

As for those few unfixed issues that I have, they have been introduced quite a while ago and I managed to deal with them, by changing my workflow.
There are much more serious things people report so it’s better to concentrate on those.

I mention them since you asked, but once again, they are not a big deal

01 setting left&right locators, it used to be just one click on the timeline when little pencil icon appear, One of the updates had workaround for it a shortcut CTRL+ALT+Click, It is still not as convenient as before, but I stop complaining. It is at least something.

02 Quadrafuz issue when it is no longer available to move bands by dragging these round handles

It’s not a big deal at all, and part of the issue was fixed. It used to be that when dragging bands by holding yellow lines, they sometimes jumped to the left screwing up what has been nailed.

Thanks for reply Matthias.

I’ve tried the suggestion above, and it did initially reset the width of the insert slots, but once I made changes to the zoom level (or switched visibility configurations) the slots became narrow again - this often occurs when the project is closed and opened again for a second time.

I’m on Mac OS 10.13.3
iMac 27-inch, Late 2013
3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2 GB

So this is my third post in this thread asking whether or not Steinberg installers recognize the path of symbolic links?

I don’t know, but I think it is important to know if we are talking Hard Links or Soft Links ?
This is a good article about the differences, and something anybody really should know if they are struggling with disk space.
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

I create hard symbolic links with Symbolic Linker.

As mentioned earlier there’s absolutely no problem updating logic X. It finds the symbolic link and installs the new content on the external drive no problems at all.

The links I create for my Steinberg programs are the same so I expect that Steinberg installers for some reason cannot deal with hard symbolic links?

Sorry you are on Mac, I somehow did not notice.

Works only for me by saving the project in maximized channel width before closing every time. If I do not maximize before last save, next time opening the project the truncation will appear.
Another workaround is: After opening Cubase create a new empty project. Be sure to activate the lower zone mix console showing the insert tab. Open your actual project and activate it. Afterwards you may close the empty “dummy”-project.
Needless to say that both ways are not quite convenient.

After Cubase launches, Media Bay is still useless! :frowning: I have to wait a long time to check the files again and it’s very frustrating! Please fix this! Thank you… I’m on MacOs High Sierra 10.13.3

Guess I’ll wait, can’t do without Import Track feature. What a bummer. :frowning:

hi Matthias,
what other known bugs “are on the list” and why are n’t the “known bugs” also published and available for licensees .
regards,
/Stef

What about fixing the colour scheme issue?

Confirmed and scheduled for 9.5.30. Please excuse the inconvenience.

This bug is reported and confirmed, but I cannot determine in which version it will be fixed.

Folder Sync editing has been broken since introduction. One user outlined the steps to break it. It breaks for me every use within a few minutes:
Is it even on the list:

Hi Matthias,
Can you please check and confirm the Direct Offline Process issues as well?

Currently Cubase does not support symbolic links. But it’s on our list.