Cubase 9.5.21 maintenance update available

Hi everybody
Seeing as everybody else can get the update installed, I probably have a Windows or hardware error. Trying to install on Win7, i get the following error:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Setup.exe_Setup
Application Version: 3.4.1.241
Application Timestamp: 5a6082a3
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.24094
Fault Module Timestamp: 5abee68a
Exception Code: e0434352
Exception Offset: 000000000001a06d
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Any ideas will be appreciated
Kind regards
Philip

I presume you have enough disk space and have the latest win 7 updates?

I also presume your running the correct update for your version of Cubase (Pro, Artist or Elements)

Have you tried running the update as administrator

You could try the following, open a administrator command prompt
Not used windows 7 for a while, but I think the normal command prompt is in start/accessories, RIGHT click on it and select “Run as administrator”

Then in the command prompt window type: sfc /scannow

That will check all your system files (sfc = System File Checker) and replace them from a cached copy that windows keeps as a backup. Will probably take a long while, but should verify every things OK. At the end it will either tell you everything is fine, or give some other error message.

Thanks Ojustaboo

I’ve tried all that, as well as running the cubase95.msi as suggested in previous posts about the same problem but still no luck. I’ll try the sfc /scannow and see what happens. I’ve moved back to Cubase 9.0 and ran the latest upgrade (.40) to see if it gives the same problem, but that one worked 100%. So it looks like I will be on 9.0 which seems to be a bit more reliable as well, especially on quantizing.

Yes, Cableguys PanCake was fine in 9.5.20 but is now blacklisted in 9.5.21 (though I’m using a PC).

For me, 9.5.21 has the worst performance/stability of the entire C9 series.

I had the same problem (could update to 9.5.10 but not 9.5.20/9.5.21) on Windows 7 64-bit.

I installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 and now the update works fine.

For me too BaseCu. I see we both use win7 with RME UCX.
Anyone on win7 and RME able to confirm this?

I dont feel any worse performance on 9.5.21, but the hole 9.5 series is far more unstable than earlier versions on my macpro system.

I have a fireface ufx on win 7 and can NOT confirm this. its stable and has good performance here.
64 bit processing caused the console1 osd to crash several times, but for me that 64bit nonsense is a marketing gimmick anyway

Win10 (1803) and this update is the most solid ever, I think. I have had almost zero issues. No crash/hang on close, no running out of plugin slots.
The only issue I have seen is occasional (and rare) enabling/disabling tracks on certain projects, which is something might crash but after reload it’s fine.

Actually, a small issue I have now (new to this version) is sometimes this ‘Channel Settings’ GUI fader (on the right) is now too wide. But it seems to go away after a bit (not sure yet).

cheers

OK I can confirm problem resolved. I reinstalled Cubase and updated RME drivers rolled out a few days ago. Everything works as expected, performance issues are now gone. Don’t know which one did the trick, the complete reinstall or the new drivers… :confused:

Thanks, good to know.

I have been experiencing repeated and random freezes on 9.5.21. More than under 2.0 Cubase can sometimes keep playing the audio but no response to any commands.

There was a memory management issue with Windows 10, that would make mouse and GUI stutter from time to time.
This is supposedly fixed in the latest Win10 1803 update.

Phuiii, got it together. Updated .NET and everything works for me now!
Took me a couple of months only.
I’m a little dissapointed on Steinberg support that couldn’t give me this answer.

Pelle

I am also Cubase Pro 9.5
10.11.6 on a MacBook Pro
UA Apollo thunderbolt system

Reaktor 6 is blacklisted, as is Maschine 2, and Izotope Nectar.