Cubase 9.5.21 Update - "Setup has stopped working"

Windows 7 SP1 64-bit

I am trying to update Cubase 9.5 to version 9.5.21. When I run the update .exe, it finishes extracting and then, after the extracting window disappears, I get the error “Setup has stopped working” with the only option to close the program. So the extraction works, but running after the extraction gives me an error.

I decided to try the previous update installers and 9.5.10 works, but 9.5.20 does not work. Was something changed with the installer after 9.5.10? Do I need some sort of redistributable package or something to run the installer?

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

EDIT: I managed to find out the problem… I needed to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 (I previously only had version 4.0).

The installer has no dependencies, I think. Just make sure that Windows is fully updated.

If you have 7-Zip or WinRAR, you can use them to extract the contents of the update installer. If running Setup.exe still causes a crash, just install the update manually using the other installers in the same extracted folder.

Hey, thanks for the quick response!

I managed to find out the problem… I needed to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 (I previously only had version 4.0).

The installer worked with no problems now.

That is not the thing, I have NET frame 4.7.2 and setup does not work anyway. I really dont understand how the simple thing as setup is Steiberg is not able to manage.