Cubase 9.5.30 crashes on "Show Plug-ins That Support 64-bit Processing"

Repro steps:

1. Have iZotope products installed.
  2. In VST Plug-in Manager, click the filter dropdown triangle and select “Show Plug-ins That Support 64-bit Processing.”
  3. Cubase will start scanning plugins for 64-bit processing compatibility.
  4. When scanning iZotope products, Cubase will report a “serious error” and crash.

Crashdump 1: https://ufile.io/cp3bd
Crashdump 2: https://ufile.io/7vzbq

Hi,

Make sure, your iZotope products are up-to-date, please.

Yes, they are all the latest versions:

iZotope Alloy 2.04
iZotope BreakTweaker 1.02
iZotope DDLY 1.01
iZotope Insight 1.05
iZotope Nectar Production Suite 2.04
iZotope Neutrino 1.0
iZotope Neutron Advanced 2.0
iZotope Ozone Advanced 8.0
iZotope Ozone Imager 1.0
iZotope RX6 6.0
iZotope Spectron 1.14b
iZotope Stutter Edit 1.05
iZotope Trash 2.05a
iZotope Vinyl 1.8
iZotope VocalSynth 1.00b

I note that the 64-bit plugin scan seems to crash consistently on iZotope Ozone Imager.

Could you share the craslog, please?

Martin, I posted the crashdumps above. Where would I find the crashlog(s) you’re asking for (Windows)?

Oh sorry, you are right.

These are Windows, so I have no chance to check them now. I will have a look on Monday.

I confirm this issue

I confirm the issue too (and seems to indeed crash on some izotope vsts, even uptodate)

To me it looks like a crash in iZotope Ozone 8.

Thanks, Martin.

If iZotope Ozone 8 is working as expected when launched in various DAWs and VST hosts (including Cubase) except for when being scanned under "“Show Plug-ins That Support 64-bit Processing”, what does it indicate? I would think that Cubase would either detect that Ozone does or does not support 64-bit processing, but not that the detection process would crash Cubase.

Martin, any further thoughts?

It’s not: DDLY, Vinyl, Ozone Imager.

Hi,

Every single plug-ins host handles the plug-ins different way. Might be some hosts don’t use a problematic area where the bug of the plug-in is.

Crashes continue in 9.5.1 due to this issue. Updated original post title to reflect version.

Example crashdump attached:
Cubase 9.5.10.79 64bit 2018.2.9 16.28.zip (194 KB)
Any ideas? Steinberg, can you fix?

I will resolve on Monday.

Hi,

The crash is in RX6 De clip.

Thank you, Martin. iZotope is saying that it’s something Steinberg needs to fix. Thoughts?

OK, I’m sorry for this.

At the end of the stack is iZotope. But I don’t know, on which side it is, of course.

I appreciate it, Martin. Is this something you might be willing to report to Steinberg, given your relationship?

Of course I can, but at the other hand I expect it will be closed as plug-in issue.