Cubase 9.5.30 maintenance update available

The update works and installs. I had on the project currently working on no probs.
It seems the Elicense is not the lastest version but runs. I downloaded the latest EL and works ok.
So no probs here.

Now it instantly crashes when trying to load up the project I was working on only 30 mins ago… I have like 100 different saves of that project at various different stages in it’s creation and I can’t find a single one that will even try to load.
Mac OS 10.12.6

My patience is SERIOUSLY being tested right now.

Can you zip and upload the crash report?

upload to the forum?

Edit: This forum is like something from 2003 and doesn’t have a file upload?
So where do I upload it.
I’m about to go for a walk to calm down because i’m getting very frustrated.
I guess i’ll be reinstalling Cubase later

I confirm. So it’s half fixed. Sorry Stainy, have to withdraw half of my kiss.
Project templates are screwed as well, not only projects. Many of those templates were saved long time ago, under ver 8 probably

A walk is always a good idea! Thanks for that.

This forum is the 2.0 update to the 15th century Gutenberg press, so yes is dated. :wink: But you will have no problem uploading the zipped crash file via the “Attachments” tab. :smiley:

crash log.
Repeatable. By that I mean it happens EVERY SINGLE TIME.
It’ll no doubt show you absolutely nothing useful…
cubasecrash.zip (25.7 KB)

It will be useful to the support team.

Have you ruled out corrupt prefs using Cubase Safe Start Mode?

Yes it still crashes…

EDIT- Where do I download 9.5.21?
I am REALLY getting unhappy now.

I only have one Preference stored: Do not edit in Lower Zone.

Input and Output routing is stored per project so no problems there, and most other data is as well with the exception of timeline settings and quantization (hint SB).

I delete my prefs any time I have an issue or crash, update and clean Windows; I’ve only once had a problem with project corruption and it was going from a really early version so keep archives of any changes no matter how small (or big) the file or change to the data is.

First time ever I will be rolling back. I can confirm issues others are reporting.

1. Audio cannot be trashed, only removed from the pool as dialog says the file is used in another pool. Good luck looking for useless files in a busy audio folder.
  2. “Do you want to delete new files” dialog no longer appears on closing unsaved project. I always do and appreciate the option. Every time.
  3. Sonarworks Headphone plug-in causes Control Room crash starting up (as does Beyerdynamics).

Haven’t even gotten to trying out Offline Processing fixes as I spent half a day trouble shooting.
I use Sonarworks a lot. And problem file identification/deletion worries me too much to mess around with this update.

I was really looking forward to a problem free Offline Processing. :cry: As someone pointed out in another thread, updates are becoming whack-a-mole. Thankfully I zipped up 9.5.21 before updating, and always make a copy of the last working preferences. Thanks for the reports from others.

Can’t get 9.5.30 to work, I’d like to roll back. Where can I download 9.5.21 update?

Just updated, no issues so far, but as I read the forum, I’m getting pretty scared :blush:

My update runs and extracts files to a temporary folder, and then…nothing happens after that. Literally nothing.

I also have the bug:

1. Audio cannot be trashed, only removed from the pool as dialog says the file is used in another pool. Good luck looking for useless files in a busy audio folder.

2. “Do you want to delete new files” dialog no longer appears on closing unsaved project. I always do and appreciate the option. Every time.

3. and, I think the minimize file in the pool also dont work as expected anymore now. The files I tried to minimize are still complete in the project unchanged.

Hoping this will be hotfixed soon!

Now, without the focus on the windows, white on white results in invisible menu.
Look at the pic.
https://i.imgur.com/qBI5fel.png

Win 10 64 Bit - ver. 1804

Found the 9.5.21 update: http://download.steinberg.net/downloads_software/Cubase_Pro_9.5_and_Cubase_Artist_9.5/9.5.21/Cubase_9.5.21_Update_mac.dmg

Hi Matthias,

Can you let me know when Steinberg are planning to re-instate “replace audio in video file” back into Cubase? So many of your users (including me) write music to picture as their profession, although it’s nice to see bugs being fixed is this feature not the main priority for every update?

Thanks.

It depends on the use case.

Personally, Id like to see the Audio Pool overhauled and if that’s where we’re headed then count me in on the next whole numbered version (I can’t yet envisage SaaS for SB products).

I also can not delete unused files from pool, and i’m so disappointed from my expectations from this 9.5.30 update… I think u people should do something soon before our hard disks start explode…