Cubase 9.5.30 maintenance update available

It will be useful to the support team.

Have you ruled out corrupt prefs using Cubase Safe Start Mode?

Yes it still crashes…

EDIT- Where do I download 9.5.21?
I am REALLY getting unhappy now.

I only have one Preference stored: Do not edit in Lower Zone.

Input and Output routing is stored per project so no problems there, and most other data is as well with the exception of timeline settings and quantization (hint SB).

I delete my prefs any time I have an issue or crash, update and clean Windows; I’ve only once had a problem with project corruption and it was going from a really early version so keep archives of any changes no matter how small (or big) the file or change to the data is.

First time ever I will be rolling back. I can confirm issues others are reporting.

1. Audio cannot be trashed, only removed from the pool as dialog says the file is used in another pool. Good luck looking for useless files in a busy audio folder.
  2. “Do you want to delete new files” dialog no longer appears on closing unsaved project. I always do and appreciate the option. Every time.
  3. Sonarworks Headphone plug-in causes Control Room crash starting up (as does Beyerdynamics).

Haven’t even gotten to trying out Offline Processing fixes as I spent half a day trouble shooting.
I use Sonarworks a lot. And problem file identification/deletion worries me too much to mess around with this update.

I was really looking forward to a problem free Offline Processing. :cry: As someone pointed out in another thread, updates are becoming whack-a-mole. Thankfully I zipped up 9.5.21 before updating, and always make a copy of the last working preferences. Thanks for the reports from others.

Can’t get 9.5.30 to work, I’d like to roll back. Where can I download 9.5.21 update?

Just updated, no issues so far, but as I read the forum, I’m getting pretty scared :blush:

My update runs and extracts files to a temporary folder, and then…nothing happens after that. Literally nothing.

I also have the bug:

1. Audio cannot be trashed, only removed from the pool as dialog says the file is used in another pool. Good luck looking for useless files in a busy audio folder.

2. “Do you want to delete new files” dialog no longer appears on closing unsaved project. I always do and appreciate the option. Every time.

3. and, I think the minimize file in the pool also dont work as expected anymore now. The files I tried to minimize are still complete in the project unchanged.

Hoping this will be hotfixed soon!

Now, without the focus on the windows, white on white results in invisible menu.
Look at the pic.

Win 10 64 Bit - ver. 1804

Found the 9.5.21 update: http://download.steinberg.net/downloads_software/Cubase_Pro_9.5_and_Cubase_Artist_9.5/9.5.21/Cubase_9.5.21_Update_mac.dmg

Hi Matthias,

Can you let me know when Steinberg are planning to re-instate “replace audio in video file” back into Cubase? So many of your users (including me) write music to picture as their profession, although it’s nice to see bugs being fixed is this feature not the main priority for every update?

Thanks.

It depends on the use case.

Personally, Id like to see the Audio Pool overhauled and if that’s where we’re headed then count me in on the next whole numbered version (I can’t yet envisage SaaS for SB products).

I also can not delete unused files from pool, and i’m so disappointed from my expectations from this 9.5.30 update… I think u people should do something soon before our hard disks start explode…

Cubase Pro 9.5.21 => 9.5.30 under Windows 7 Ultimate
The installer installed a new dongle-driver, but after that got hung up trying to update eLicenser control.

Described issue is - btw - reproduceable. Am I the only one with that issue? I finally opened the installer with WinRar and could install the rest particularly, which worked alright.

And another question: When you at Steinberg modify the update files due to resolve any issue, and upload new, repaired update files for the users to download, will you then ALWAYS change the edition number (the filename) of the download (maybe in this case to 9.5.31), or might it be possible to get an already modified update file with the same edition number as before? I’m asking because it would be useful to know, if an update file with a certain name will stay identical (not modified) whilst the name won’t change or might have become edited, whilst accessible under the same file’s name…?

where can I download the 9.5.21 update for windows and how to roll back from the 9.5.30?

found this:
http://download.steinberg.net/automated_updates/sda_downloads/Cubase-9.5.21-Update-a4234580-2a1e-4a97-a70e-a1e47de14f9a/Cubase_9.5.21_Update_win.exe

Lots of crashes. Random. DOP seems to work slightly better with RX6 but very hit and miss. Frustrating.

I have to revoke what I said above. Seems that I had to restart Windows about 3 times to get the result, that Cubase wasn’t even starting anymore (eLicenser error) due to that described misfunctional installation of the new eLicenser Control. I was lucky to have made a backup one week ago to be able to get Cubase pro (version 9.5.21) work again.

I read this in the updates & assumed this was to fix the problem with the tiny charcoal peak numbers against the black background.

12114 User Interface
Improved text coloring for window titlebars to ensure proper contrast for readability.

Still peak numbers are barely visible in mixer channels, was this supposed to be the fix? It was stated it would months ago.

Also I can almost count on the projects never closing down normally anymore. What’s the problem with this? None of the other daws I use suffer from this issue.

Update: I finally resolved the issue.

Please see this: