Cubase 9.5.30 maintenance update available

The installer didn’t work for me. It installed the Halion SE update but bailed on Cubase with a dialog about a missing package.
Will the next update work and contain the fixes from this one?

Update not working, please urgent help.

crashes when loading VST Control Room

You can just replace the version numbers in the download link from the update page, e.g.
http://download.steinberg.net/downloads_software/Cubase_Pro_9.5_and_Cubase_Artist_9.5/9.5.30/Cubase_9.5.30_Update_mac.dmg
becomes
http://download.steinberg.net/downloads_software/Cubase_Pro_9.5_and_Cubase_Artist_9.5/9.5.21/Cubase_9.5.21_Update_mac.dmg

Should be easier to access though. Good reminder to always keep old updates around that worked – no one knows how long those old links keep working.

Why doe’s Steinberg add so much extra stuff in the update like other apps they have?
The Cubase Update is only 515MB But, with all the other updates they put in there it’s 17.12 GB all together. I guess what I’m asking is how to do proper updates to my products I own without wasting space on my HD?
I don’t have any trouble understanding how and where to do Updates from other Companies!!!
Thanks, If anyone know’s what I’m talking about…TC

Install the update, it won’t take up more space on the drive as some of the media files are going to be replaced by the new ones from the update.

Sonarworks is the most common reason posted in the forum (including this thread) for the new control room crash feature. I found one other that no longer works. Pull it out of your plugin folder and Cubase 9.5.30 should get past this stall. If you don’t have sonarworks, pull all of your control room plugs and start troubleshooting by adding them back in one at a time between start ups. Or roll back to 9.5.21 and wait for a fix like those of us who rely on Sonarworks have done. There are other issues with this update. Read through the thread. I’m glad I did.

yes . thanx

back to 9.5.21

Staying away from this update for now… Too many horror stories… Most on mac… But some also on Windows… Hope Steinberg fixes this…

9.21 works just fine for me…

Guys, please fix the pre/post on inserts so that loading projects up from pre 9.5 doesn’t alter the mixer sound. Pre post slider needs to be placed after insert slot 8. Currently it defaults to slot 6. thx

So is DOP actually fixed now?

No issues here installing 9.5.30 update. Previous sessions run as intended.

Me too. Going to roll back to 9.5.21. This is intolerable.

Hmm, I was not able to find anything about changes to the DOP in the version history for 9.5.30.
Can anyone tell me what’s these changes are?

Thx in advance!
Andreas

I just went through my latest 10 songs or so, without any crashes or weirdness. And without needing to quit and restart Cubase before opening a new project.

Might be a coincidence, but it is encouraging.

Here the update fails, first time ever. The message says:
"An installation package for the product Cubase 9.5 cannot be found.
Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package ‘Cubase95.msi’. "
What does this mean and how can I manage to update?
No problems with 9.5.21.

You need to unpack the installer using something like 7Zip and extract the MSI, then browse to it via the update installer MSI package.

You can run a repair on the current install, but it might show up missing the Cubase95.msi as well.

:frowning:

After updating to 9.5.30, I cannot start Cubase :frowning:

It gets stuck after a few seconds, after having an Windows Installer started, saying…“Installation is being prepared”, but it just sits there.
I don’t know if it’s related, but the regular window that is always showing at startup…Initializing this and that…it’s stuck on Steinberg UR28M Extension.

I have tried uninstall UR28, even got back to Cubase 9.5…but this crap is all that is happening now :open_mouth: :confused: :imp:

Thanks for the advices! I found Cubase95.msi in the original install package and did the repair, after that the update succeeded.