Cubase 9.5.40 Crashes after 30 seconds in a nearly empty project

Hi everybody,

I have some weird problems lately with Cubase 9.5 Pro. Since a short while it seems with every project i start and save, uhm… When i re-open the project it is like workable for perhaps 30 seconds and than it crashes, close… whatso ever. It’s kinda unusable for me now. I had today this project with like only the new Rob Papen RAW kick plugin in it, with some automations and some vocal samples and i saved it and later i tried to recall my project again… And the same poop happend. Over and over again, like i can open it and it will close again after 20-30sec.

I work on macOS High Sierra, Mac mini late 2012, 2.5Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, Cubase Pro 9.5.40

I also have this problem when i use my Roland JP8080 and Virus C with the MysteryIsland editor plugins, which technically always worked fine tho. Every project crashing down. I tried to delete preference folder, re-install Cubase 9.5 and i completely cleaned my macOS and turned off anything. Even my WIFI.

I was hoping someone on the forum could take a look at my crash files. They are from a couple of hours ago, but still had the same problem.

Many many thanks! Really love cubase, so i hope i could continu using it without doing drastic changes like re installing my whole mac for example. :laughing:

Kind regards,

Mario
CUBASE CRASH FILES.zip (130 KB)

Hi and welcome,

You have Cubase 9.5.0 installed. I would recommend to install Cubase 9.5.30. Cubase 9.5.40 is out now too, but there are 3 issues, therefore I wouldn’t recommend to install this. Or wait to Cubase 9.5.4x hot fix update, which should be out this week.

If you can reproduce the crash after, share a new crash file, please.

Similar issue here. Many crashes. No dump file. Started happening since I updated to 9.5.40. Cannot really work with Cubase right now. Hopefully it is resolved with the hotfix but a bit worried by the lack of dump file.

Hi,

All your crashes are in the RPCX.RAW-Kick.vst plug-in. Please make sure the plug-in is up-to-date. If yes, inform the plug-in vendor, please.

Hi and welcome,

There are 3 known critical issues in Cubase 9.5.40. A hot fix has been announced for this week.