Cubase 9.5.40 crashes

Hi!

My Cubase 9.5.40 keeps crashing whenever I use HALion SE, giving the “A serious problem has occurred” window. Also, Groove Agent keeps freezing when I switch presets. What’s weird is that it happens only with Steinberg instrument VSTs, all other VSTs work just fine (maybe occasional crash once a month, but more or less stable).

I’ve attached the latest dump file (crash occured when I opened HALion SE).

Cubase default audio settings + power scheme
Wi-Fi adapter disabled in Device Manager.

ASUS n550jv, Windows 10
i7-4700HQ @2.4 Ghz
8 GB RAM
GeForce GT 750M

Please help!
Cubase Elements 9.5.40.259 64bit 2018.10.22 21.34.dmp (619 KB)

Hi,

Did you follow up in the three linked from your other post? What result is there?

Yes, I disabled Steinberg Hub and uninstalled the KB2977629 update, it solved the startup crash issue, but didn’t resolve issues with HALion SE and Groove Agent, unfortunately.

So you have the latest Grove Agent and HALion Sonic installed?

I believe so:

Groove Agent SE4 4.2.40
HALion Sonic SE3 3.1.15

I checked the official downloads section, they currently don’t have any newer versions…

The crash you shared, is it from the use case when you open HSSE? That crash dump would be helpful.

Yes. I’ve attached the latest.dmp file, the crash happens a few moments after opening HALion Sonic SE.

Groove Agent doesn’t cause crashes, but it freezes sometimes when I change presets (only factory presets, no custom presets).
Cubase Elements 9.5.40.259 64bit 2018.10.23 23.05.dmp (634 KB)

Hi,

I reported to Steinberg (HALLY-7641).

Thank you!

Mine crashes too, ie. the sound sometimes starts to stutter when switching presets in Omnisphere or Halion 6. It never did that with the previous version 9.5.30. When the stuttering starts I can sometimes close (and save) the project, but Cubase cannot be closed without killing it in the Task Manager.

Hi,

Again, share the crash dump file, please.

Well it didn’t create a crashdump. I have the folder with previous crashdumps, and the latest is from september.

A few hours ago I found out that the update have rolled back my audio drivers for my CI2+ to a previous version (dont think it was Windows 10 that did it this time), so I updated the audio drivers and now it seems to work. I updated both the USB driver and the Tools. Cubase hasn’t crashed since.

Cubase is not starting on Mac os mojave it gives me hard time starting.I have to turn off the imac and start it after 10 minutes ,then is ok.

Update.

Seems like HALion Sonic SE3 crashes ceased after disabling Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (Ethernet adapter). Maybe the reason is DPC latency spikes caused by the driver.

CUBASE PRO 10.5.11 & 10.5.12 FIX IT CRASHES WHEV I TRY TO OPEN SOME OLD PROJECTS .
ANY SOLUTION???

Hi,

Attach a crash dump file, please.

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Hi!
When i try to use for STEREO OUT, INSERTS/DYNAMICS/MULTIBANDCOMPRESSOR,it opens but is not responting ,it is shut.I ve tryed to other compressors and is the same.
That happens only on new projects.
On older projects is working fine .