Cubase 9.5.40 update available

Update…

Rolled back to 9.5.3 opened the same session. Exported the same files on the same computer and they imported into LIVE just fine.

projects still hang when closing & still can’t read peaks in mixer with charcoal grey fonts against black

Seems good so far. Opened a few older projects and they ran well. Thanks for fixing the laggy stereo panner! Cheers

What is the correct way to backup your Cubase environment?

To backup, you can use System Restore point, or take a full system backup. It rather depends on what your environment entails. Whatever it does, just backup everything and you’re covered.

I can reproduce this (with Ableton Live 10)
Strangely enough, in Ableton when I disable warp of the audio file it does play although the meters go into fully red regardless. Once I warp the audio I just get one loud click/pop and that’s it…
However, the file plays just fine in Audacity, Vlc and Resonic Pro.
Luckily I don’t depend on exporting 32 bit audio files to Ableton but this is a bummer for people that do…

edit:
Also having the issue of Cubase not opening maximized, a small thing but annoying nonetheless…

Otherwise this update works fine over here so far…

Thanks. Saving your profile prior to updating isn’t enough?

Live 9 can’t open 32bit files from Cubase
24bit fils are OK

Logic X can open both 32 and 24 bit files from Cubase

Ableton Live doesn’t support 32-bit integer (aka fixed-point) audio files. It only supports 32-bit float. Are you aware of that? What bit depth setting have you chosen when exporting the files from Cubase?

Miloslav

btw, after installing 9.5.40

after opening prejects, in beginning i hear ground noise.
what it can be ?

Hello :smiley:
After 6 days without broadband and home phone,due to a major cable fault,I am back up and running.#
Great to see another update,to the awesome Cubase :smiley:

Is their a list of the fixes/improvements for this maintenance update?

Cheers

Not for me. I’m a ‘backup everything possible’ type.

I’ve already rolled back to 9.5.3 but if I remember correctly you can no longer export 32-bit float. Is that correct? If so why?!?!?!?!?!?!

This is very frustrating…it also means I won’t be able to update to 9.5.4 ever unless they change this.

Hi everyone,
is it ok to install the Cubase 9.5.40 from 9.5.0 or is it neccesary to install all the other updates in between before?

Is there a more complete change list than the one in the top of this topic?

I was not aware of that. thanks for the information

A “Version History” .pdf link is found on the update page of your CB software.

Regards. :sunglasses:

9.5.40 starts going through this phase where it crashes every time I hit Record. It’s been doing it for the last 2 days off and on since I installed it. I would reboot the computer and it’ll last a couple hours and start crashing on-record again. I can’t figure out what exactly is causing it. I’ve tried different keys, record from midi-transport buttons, record while stopped, record while playing… no correlation.

The only thing I can say is it’s the same type of crash it does when you’re recording (in re-record mode) and resizing an audio take (while holding down the left mouse button) and hit the record button (on a transport button) which prompts a re-record. That always seems to make my sessions crash in a similar way.

You might be wondering why I’m resizing audio and re-recording audio at the same time. It’s because I have a CMC-TP (transport buttons) in the vocal booth so my clients can hit the record button and redo takes until they get one they want to keep. If I’m resizing one of their takes and the client decides to re-record their take, Cubase crashes. I didn’t submit this glitch because it doesn’t do it with new empty sessions with 1 audio track. It might have something to do with bigger sessions or using lots of VST plug-ins.

Solution:
Went to classic Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features\Installed Updates\Cubase 9.5.40 Update (on Win10) and uninstalled. I’m back running 9.5.3 just fine.

Thanks for the update, im about to download and install, but am i the only one wondering why this dos’nt show up at the steinberg hub when opening cubase?? All the latest updates did show up there.

I have exactly same problem here… When I hit Record … cubase crash constantly … What is going on here?? Steinberg ?