Cubase 9.5.40 update available

…sad but true. I can confirm it unfortunately, too.

Hi,

There is dedicated thread here. Myself I can reproduce it only if 64 bit float Processing Precision is enabled. If I enable 32 bit float, then I cannot reproduce it.

Please follow in the dedicated thread.

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg

Hi,

1. Cannot reproduce. Try this.

2. How did you create these hidden last nodes?

Own thread would be recommended.

Is “Replace Audio in Video file” back?

No.

Thank you!

Me too.

How the hell did this get through? :blush:

im in same boat …I was on 9.5.30 but that caused loads of issues for me so I uninstalled and installed 9.5.20 that was ok then ive updated to 9.5.40 and its messed everything up.

midi drag to sampler no longer works…media bay is taking forever to scan…old projects crash as soon as I try and edit or rerecord anything…im getting massive asio spikes even though it was fine before…total total mess !!!

and now I cant find 9.5.20 so I can reinstall it and cant find it on steinbergs website anyone know were I can get it ?thanks

Dragging midi or audio files to sampler track broken here too.

It is surprising how something like this wasn’t caught before release.

Hi,

Change the 64 to 32 bit floating processing precision in the VST Audio System.

There seem to rather a lot of issues on this update (stating the obvious?). It’s always hard to gauge what percentage of users are affected but still is it not concerning that there’s been no comment from Steinberg?

I agree
As a greenhorn of Cubase,I am concerned as to the issues of bugs being raised.Not being an expert,but would have thought that this maintenance update would have sorted out the bugs, before Cubase 10 arrives.
I bet Steinberg are working hard behind the scenes,to fix the issues.

If they worked hard, they wouldn’t have to release these disastrous updates. :imp:

Yeah I know a lot of people are upset,but would imagine they are working hard behind the scenes.Also image the amount of software code to work through is horrendous
And of course I appreciate some people,earn a living from producing music,via Cubase,so can only imagine their frustration
It would be good if Steinberg kept its customers updated,about the latest issues/progress etc

Wow, just reading through the comments while downloading. I think I’ll be giving this one a miss. :astonished:

no problems here so far

I also haven’t come across any new issues with this update. However, I should mention that I use only 32-bit internal processing and 24-bit recording format.

Best regards

Miloslav

For those having crash on record - I had an all day session with a musician the Sunday after the update where I crashed probably over 20 times. Monday I had another all day session with a musician and didn’t crash at all - the only thing I changed was swapping 64bit processing precision to 32bit. I’ve done no testing on this but like i said… Monday I had no crashes.

I dont wont to switch to 32bit processiong … They need to fix all bugs … I am still on 9.5.30 and works fine… just skip this update … expectiing 9.5.4x