Cubase 9.5 and VEP 6. Instances disconnecting

Dear all,

I am running Cubase 9.5 and Vienna Ensemble Pro 6.0.16502 on a 3GH 8-core Power Mac (Black Trashcan -model) with 64 Gb of 1866 MHz DDR3 RAM. My OS is 10.12.6

I don’t have a slave computer so my samples are on external SSD Drives and both Cubase and VEP are on the same and only computer.

Everything is running smoothly except that the VEP instances keep disconnecting themselves from Cubase every 15 minutes or so.
I have four instances within the server project. The disconnecting can happen by itself when the computer is sitting idle and I’m not pressing any keys. I just see the ”Connected” chance to ”Not Connected” in the VEP plugin window on Cubase. Sometimes one instance disconnects, sometimes two.

The VEP window still shows the plugin symbol as if it was connected even though it isn’t. The way to get it connected again is to first disconnect the instance from VEP and then connect again from Cubase.

ASIO guard is turned off (from the VST-plugins menu also). Auto save is turned off, I am not behind a Firewall or have active virus detection or backup software running.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Pessi

I’m having a similar problem.

Running Cubase 8 on Mac Pro OSX 10.10.3 Yosemite
Running VEP 5 on Mac OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite

I had an incident in which I had to swap out the system drive of the slave computer with a cloned backup, which meant a change in IP address. Now periodically, the VEP metaframe will disconnect from the server. When I go to reconnect it, I find that the metaframe is no longer listed. When I restart VEP on the slave, it returns. Is there a way to stabilize this? Thanks.

-Jon