Cubase 9.5 Bandwidth Bug

I am having an issue with VE Pro and Cubase 9.5. When I have multiple outputs from a VE Pro instance running into Cubase it seems that data is always being sent from computer to computer through each output even when there is no audio passing through.

For example, if I connect to a VE Pro instance with 16 stereo outputs in Cubase I see 6-7 megabytes per second coming into my Cubase computer even if there is no audio being sent. If I change the outputs in VE Pro to a single stereo out the information being sent over LAN dwindles to .5 megs per second.

The effect that this has is that I get dropouts when only playing a single instrument because my bandwidth is being consumed for no apparent reason.

I don’t have this problem if I do the same thing with my version of Cubase 8.5 running on the same machine. Which leads me to believe that this is a problem with Cubase 9.5 rather than an issue with VE Pro.

My system specs are as follows:

VE Pro Slave: Windows 8.1 running VE Pro 6.0.16778
Master Computer: OSX 10.12.5 running Cubase 9.5.10 and the same version of VE Pro as above.

Any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks,

Nate