Cubase 9.5 crashes when closing sampler track (Mac Sierra)

Hi there,

I have mac os sierra (latest) installed. Cubase 9.5 crashes randomly when i close a sampler track.
The crashes are random. Sometimes it happens immediately, when opening and closing a samplertrack for testing purposes. Sometimes i can open and close them fine. And after a couple of tries it crashes suddenly when closing a sampler track. With other tracks i have no issues. :confused:

I saw in my console logs it has someting to do with the SIP being enabled or disabled. So i played around with SIP enabled or disabled and found that:
With SIP enabled it crashes a lot less but still crashes (!) (3 out of 10 times).
With SIP disabled it crashes instantly (9 out of 10 times) when opening and closing sampler tracks.

Please fix this :smiley:

thanks DjMika

Hi,

Can you share (via Dropbox or similar) the crashlogs, please?

What is SIP?

Hi Martin,

SIP is OSX native security protocol and stands for System Integrity Protection. You can enable/disable it in recovery mode.
What crashlog do you mean? the one form osx or the one from cubase?

cheers Mika

Thank you for explanation.

Cubase crash which is written by the system (stored in the Console).

Could you mark then what crashlog is with enabled and what with disabled SIP, please?

I will work on it his weekend. How and where do I upload the logs?

cheers Mika

Share the link via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Ok i will and can this be .crash or should i copy it into a text file?

*.crash plese.

Hi,

Iā€™ve Sent a link of the shared dropbox folder to you in PM.
Please let me kow if you somehow canā€™ t acces it or have other questions,

cheers Mika

After the weekendā€¦

Hi,

I resolved both crashes and passed them to the developers.

Both crashes (with-/without SIP) are the same.

Actually there are some differences in the threads in the crash files, but i think you meant there is no difference in the crash reason, right?

thanks Mika

Right

Sorry, what is ā€œSIPā€? :smiley:

SIP is OSX native security protocol and stands for System Integrity Protection. You can enable/disable it in recovery mode
:slight_smile:

Oh, I didnā€™t know! Thanks :wink:

Hi,

Could you try with Cubase 9.5.10, please? There is a fix, which should address your issue.

Hi,

Tried just now and opened and closed 10 sampler tracks without any crashes! So looks likes this is fixed.

Thanks for your efforts!

Cheers Mika