Cubase 9.5 crashes when initializing VST Mixer

Hi Martin,

No, there is no 3rd party plugins. I installed Windows 7 Professional 64 Bits, got it all up to date, installed all the hardware drivers and attempted to run Cubase. Besides the basic programs of windows, there is nothing else on the computer, even Cubase’s projects.

Note 1: I installed Cubase 5.5.3 and its running perfectly.
Note 2: The graphic card is an EVGA GT 1030 (Nvidia chip).
Note 3: I installed 2 days ago the last Cubase 9.5 update, the 9.5.21 version. The VST mixer crash stills happening and, of course, i am still unable to use the software.

Best Regards!

Hi Ranr,

I am using a Windows 7 Professional 64 Bits.
I did not find this IPP update for download. I assume i must wait for hardware driver updates to have it. Am i correct?

I HAD (past) the same problem, just with Cubase 9.5 AI, which was part of a bundle when I bought a Yamaha AG06 AUdio Interface.

I went thru all of the scenarios described above, including installing and removing all kind of things, first in - last out, and vice versa plus, I don’t know how many variations. ending up the same way like you guys did.

As a final result (again, and again considering the fact that Cubase crashes while loading its VST (!) System), I completely removed, then installed the “Yamaha Steinberg ASIO Audio Driver”. I found out only when looking out for alternatives, like FL Studio, and so on, where I “made” these applications crashing when attempting to adjust the respective application’s sound setup setting to use this ASIO driver (shown as installed and properly working in Windows Control Panel).

So I thought I caught a glimpse, removed this driver (Yamaha Steinberg ASIO), installed (NOT RE-installed) - all fine now, Cubase working. It is starting straight and fast without a single error message (not even those I had before, like “no input1 defined”, and bla bla). Result of days of guessing around, finally with a lucky outcome…

Maybe as a woman I am just a lucky girl, but maybe you guys can help yourself when checking your MAIN ASIO driver (which isn’t necessarily “Yamaha Steinberg” but most probably one with the name “Steinberg” mentioned). I wish so much that’d solve your problem, too, cos I know damn good about the frustration…

Last but not least, my setup: i7 7770 k, 16 Gig RAM, WIn 10 Pro, Cubase AI 9.5.21).

I hope this helps, all the best from Berlin,
Fleur.

Has anyone running Win 7 Pro fixed this?
I have the same problem here.
Just built new system with Asus Prime X299-Deluxe, i7-7820X Skylake-X, and GIGABYTE GeForce GT 710.
All drivers and security updates current. All power management Bios stuff disabled.
Already tried everything mentioned in this thread, no joy.

Thanks

Hi,

Share the crash dump, please.

Thanks for the response Martin, especially on a Sunday. However, i gave up on win 7 and downloaded Win 10 Pro. After wiping the system drive (Win 7) Win 10 installed fine and now everything is working perfectly. Cubase and Wavelab 9.5 (latest). Waves and other 3rd party plugins are good, no problems at this time. Will be pushing it this week to see. My Lynx Aurora 16 is now connected via Thunderbolt 3 and i’d swear it sounds better than when connected via the AES16 (PCI).
I had been on Win7 for 6+ years and hate being forced (Microsoft) to move to Win 10.

Thanks again.
Brian

I am very happy to report that the update just out today, 9.5.30, has resolved the issue I was having.

If anyone else is having trouble with Cubase 9.5 on Windows 7 and a more recent CPU (regardless of Nvidia or AMD graphics card), please give 9.5.30 a try.

Many thanks to user Martin.Jirsak for all the help provided, and to the Cubase team for letting those of us still on Windows 7, but with very recent CPUs, to continue.

Hello everyone.

I am here to say that the Cubase 9.5.30 update has solved my problem.

I turned on the computer today, after 45 days, and I updated:
Windows 7 System (the normal updates on the Windows Update area).
EVGA driver for the graphics card GT 1030, for the latest version on the EVGA’s website.
Cubase, for the 9.5.30 version, released yesterday.

After doing this updates, finally my Cubase Pro 9.5 worked, which means it stopped to crash on the VST Mixer part.

Just to remember, my computer have:
Motherboard Asus Prime X299A
Processor Core I9 7900X
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz
Graphic Card EVGA GT 1030
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bits, with all the latest updates.

Thank you, Steinberg/Cubase team, for solving this problem. Thank you, Martin, for the attention too.

Now it is time to develop some musics with this amazing software! Greetings from Brazil!