Cubase 9.5 hanging when selecting anything in MediaBay

Great!!
Let us know if it helps.

Interesting. When I went to ‘Modify’ the Indexing Options, my audio/midi/loop library wasn’t one of the ‘Included Locations.’ Actually, not much of anything was on the ‘Included Locations’ list. Of course, it wasn’t on the ‘Excluded List’ either.

So, after 2 reinstalls of Cubase 9.51, multiple trashings of the preference folders and looking at the exclusions listed above, Cubase still becomes non-responsive after adding new files to the MediaBay. I hadn’t added anything new for a while, and then yesterday tried to add 600 wav files at one time. seemed to scan ok, but when i went to preview one of them, Cubase 9.5 became non-responsive and I had to reboot the whole system. So I scanned 20 files at a time, stopped, shut down Cubase, then started it again. That worked fine, and the new files were available for preview on re-starting up Cubase. i kept the number to just 20 files, and got through the whole batch without another non-responsive moment. For now it seems that is just the way it is on my system.