Cubase 9.5 hangs on project close on Win 10

It might be more than one reason. I’ve been at this problem for 14 months now. Sadly I adopted AA at around the same time as upgrading to 10.5, so I can’t say which version it might have started with, but I’ve read posts from people with similar problems all the way back to C8. Confirmed plugins that can cause the problem include AA, Slate, OTT and the freeware L6 Limiter.

the theory from @fese in this thread above sounds the best guess to me,

ie how Cubase might deal with memory and how the issue could be resolved with some reprogramming in VSTGUI / JUCE. I’m no expert on any of this, but I’m even trying to learn the basics of those 2 scripting languages just to have a stab at helping with a solution. I sent a number of links to AA and Steinberg. Steinberg were very responsive at first, but I think I’ve been moved to their blacklist, lol. But I was a bit miffed as they treated it like a new problem, then I found out it had a long history. I sent them links from KVR etc, that’s when they got offish and just told me to talk to the plugin maker. Some links:

I lke the prediction from raz_Klinghoffer here, quite amusing:

OTT:

The guy at xfer is very responsive to problems. I’ve had good dealings with him re a problem I had with Serum.
Another thread detailing the issue:

This final ticket from December was closed without a response:

Just to say, earlier in the year Uwe Hübner & Ed Doll at Steinberg support were very responsive to the problem and seemed to be trying to find a solution before I was brick-walled. I guess I’m too much of a moaning troll…
I hope a solution is found.