Cubase 9.5: Input/Output Channels Folder

Yes this is 1 ‘stupid’ improvement. I’m now having to delete a track/folder everytime I load a project, surely that’s a step back. I do not want to this feature. It might be good for some, it might be good for many but still… If they wanted to add it like this, surely it should be a preference set not a default. This is not how I use folders and loved when they added the ‘choice’ to add groups etc outside of the folder.

Agreed.

You perfectly said it. If Steinberg does not fix this on the next update, it is gonna be deal breaker for me to be honest. Lets see what happens.

It is definitely NOT a stupid update.
It is one that I will use regularly now that it is available and it is far smarter
than the old touch automation to get it to appear in previous versions.

Though I would agree with adding it as an optional setting in preferences.

Old project from version 9

hmm … I’ll have to verify that. I’ve got a project going that is using a template I created in 9.5, so in my current case no.

Just checked with a new project. You are right. New project works fine. Thank you.

By the way, old or new project, Cubase 9.5 does not recall global Workspace as far as I have observed. If you could catch that or otherwise, please let me know. :nerd:

bleh, I gave up on workspace long ago. I use multiple monitors and it just has never worked. Someone else told me it works now, but I haven’t taken the time to create them yet. Sorry. I may give it a go after I finish rebuilding my orchestral template.

Workspaces on version 9 was working well though. I use multiple monitors too. Sadly, Steinberg never addressed the full-screen support on multiple monitors because of the main menu bar. Yes, you can have full screen of different windows in different monitors but not one window full-screen across multiple monitors which is painful. Thanks to my third monitor, which I use for the ridiculous main menu bar and video, I can now full-screen the project or the mixconsole window accross the first two monitors. Just saying.

I despise the f’n mac menu bar.

You can create empty project, disable visibility of Input/Output folder and then export it as a template. Next time, when you create new empty project using your template, Input/Output folder is not visible.

Even now in 2020, it still exists, and still returns even if you delete it in a project then reopen it - what’s more annoying is that I use next clip / next marker quite a lot and if that folder line is selected, you can’t move ahead on the track you should be working on.

Someone please tell me it’s been fixed or there’s a workaround.

This showed up for me now that I just upgraded to 10.5 Pro and have no idea what it is for or why i would need it. I deleted it and made a custom template.

This still sucks in 2023 on Cubase 12. I create a new project, delete this unneeded, unwanted s**t, save and close the project. Then on reopening the project, guess what happens…!
Using a template doesn’t help - they are still there, although not visible. This folder and track sometimes even are created midst of working on a project.

Make this an option and we’re good!