Cubase 9.5 MIDI Insert Record.

Hi there

I’ve been having some trouble recording the MIDI output of NI Battery in Cubase 9.5 with Apache 5 as a midi insert.

I have an instrument track with battery connected, and i have programmed in a midi drum sequence which i have looped over x amount of bars. What i want to be able to do is, by using a MIDI insert (Apache), record the desired midi output from said insert. However i play the insert live, by bypassing/un-bypassing as required.

I am able to record the audio output no bother via a group channel, however whatever way i try to route the midi [performance and record it i just cant seem to get it to work!

I have tried different MIDI merging settings, having the insert record enabled as i bypass and un-bypass etc…
In fact, when i try to record with the plugin in record mode, it seems to stop Apache from arpeggiating completely!

Many thanks for your help!
Togs

I stumbled upon an old video about Apache 5. Maybe it will help you to find what’s going wrong on your side?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLBLnrMJNGQ

MIDI Send to another Track?

Merge MIDI in Loop (Include Inserts)?

Trying to remember…

Hmmm…Having now tried it out, actually with the turning it on and off thing I think you may have to use a MIDI Loopback of some sort.