I have been dealing with this issue for some time and still can’t pinpoint
what the issue is after looking through forums and youtube a bunch.
I started off with Cubase 8 Artist, upgraded to 9 Artist, then to 9.5 Pro.
I didn’t do fresh installs each time I just updated. I tried moving the old
Cubase 8/9 folders into a new folder on my desktop seeing if there
conflicting folders which hasn’t helped or made things worse. I haven’t
done a fresh install of 9.5 Pro yet but I’m not sure if that’s the solution.
I also just got a few new Kontakt plug-ins as well so maybe that is my issue.
The first crash happened when I installed Kontakt 6 and started routing
instruments. I tried administrative mode/safe mode and I tried opening it in
8 Artist and 9 Artist but no dice. I’ve tried moving plug-ins around into
different folders or to the desktop or just deleted a bunch in question that I
don’t use as well but that hasn’t helped.
It seems to be directly related to Kontakt so I’m thinking it’s plug in related
but reading through a bunch of forums makes me think it could also be my
install process of Cubase updates.