Cubase 9.5 project corrupt? Suddenly can't play audio. Beachballs

I’m livid! I was working along just fine, doing vocal takes in cycle mode. After, I selected a dozen or two lanes and select “Create tracks from lanes”. I’ve always done this, no problem. Now, however, my project no longer Plays - the button is down but no motion or transport. I also cannot audition clips with the speaker tool. OK, weird; restart. No better. I can’t even play clips in the Pool - altho those appear to play back (the output channel meter is active) but no audio gets to my audio interface. I even tried switching ASIO drivers to another interface; no dice. Thinking the project might be corrupt, I did a Backup Project to another folder. Still no.

This was three hours ago, and I’m still dead in the water with this particular project. Other projects play fine.

Is there anyway to repair a project? Clearly Cubase shat itself somehow. If it would help I’d zip up the project for Steinberg to debug…

At this point, I think the only way to salvage months of work is to painstakingly copy/paste or otherwise export tracks to another project. Damn, this makes me really angry! :imp:

OMG - are you kidding me? Export Selected Tracks (copy media) does not work!! No media ends up in the Media folder in the destination directory!!! Can someone confirm this? If you can duplicate the problem, I’ll submit as a bug.

Not sure I could be more cheesed off than right now… WTF is going on with Cubase 9.5?’

BTW, my system:

• Mac Sierra (NOT High Sierra yet)
  • Cubase 9.5 Build 55 (64 bit)
  • RME Fireface UFX
  • Intel Core i7 4.3 Ghz

Good news / bad news. The bad news is that corrupt project is still corrupt, but the good news is that 9.5.10 Build 79 at least fixed the Export functions (build 55 did not export ANY media), so I’m at least able to reconstruct the project. Painful, but possible.

My suggestion: Cubase have a project problem diagnosis & repair function or utility. I’m a developer; I know that files sometimes get crumped for a variety of reasons. It seems entirely useful - and at times necessary - to be able to find and fix errors, even at the expense of a clip or track, etc. that is garbled beyond repair. That would have been a much better solution than me wasting hours.

+1