Cubase 9.5 update 9.5.20 failing

Installed fine here. Win 10 64bit.

The “cubase95.msi” can easily be missing, just running a maintenance on a windows computer to free up space, and this install file from a previous release can have been deleted.
Nothing wrong with your system, it just means you have to download the full installer or install the old one again so that “cubase95.msi” is available before trying the update 9.5.20 install again.

I had the EXACT same problem when I tried to update Wavelab last week. It was a registry problem. If you uninstall Cubase 9.5.1, and then reinstall it, that should solve the problem.

Installed on 2 different 'puters with W7 Pro 64bit. No problems with installation but I don’t recognize improvements 'cause I wasn’t having any issues.
Just wanted to keep fully updated.

Now installed successfully on my Windows 10 1709 system too, no issues.

I have downloaded the 9.5.20 update for Mac twice. After download completed, I tried to run the installer with the following result:
“Cubase_9.5.20_Update_mac.dmg” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash. I had the same result with Groove Agent 4, version 4.2.50. The latest update for Wavelab Elements downloaded and installed without errors. Any other Mac users have the same problem?

I believe they want us to use this now

No, the updater from the site should be working fine. But I guess it doesn’t hurt to try downloading it from the Steinberg Download Assistant if you’re having trouble.

Didnt work here with the download, I ran the assistant and tada, so yes, assistant works, carry on