Cubase 9.5 will not close

When I go to exit Cubase 9.5 the project window closes and any related windows, but Cubase itself stays open. This forces me kill the Cubase process with Task Manager.

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [Version 10.0.16299.64]
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 4200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
16 GB memory
Steinberg MR816CSX
iConnectivity mio 10 MIDI interface

Any Korg midi driver installed??

Any Korg midi driver installed??

Does it close, if you close your project first and then the program? (this worked for me)
I´ve had similar problem, haven´t tried it yet with the latest update

Same issue here with Pro 9.
I’ve noticed that this curiously happens after I’ve installed Phasis from Native Instruments, I know that the plugin had issues with lot of people and doesn’t worked on many DAWs. It got blacklisted on mine.
I’ve uninstalled it but Cubase still not close ?? How can we go through this??? Help please

Didn’t worked for me

No Korg MIDI driver installed. I updated to 9.5.10 and so far the problem has not happened again on my rig. The issue was not consistently reproducible, but occurred often.

Hi

I don’t have v9, so I can’t check for you, but I used to have this problem with v5 and W7. As did others, but not everyone. I am wondering if the same problem has now started reoccurring. Or maybe, it never went away.

If it is the same issue, it has to do with the dongle. I actually proved this back in '13, and using my method, four others confirmed the same behavior - one on a Mac (I forget the OS). Unfortunately, I don’t remember exactly what it was, and the vid I made is now gone, along with the threads with the instructions (old forum).

I know this doesn’t help much, but if I remember exactly what I did, I will post back.

Cheers.

I have this problem with elements7. No dongle. No extra stuff installed as far as I am aware. Needs task manager “end process” to terminate.

Same here, but it’s not constant. It hangs on exit about 1/3 of all program shut downs. It’s not just hanging, but crashing upon exit and the Windows task manager says (not responding).

OS is Windows 7 Pro.

Same problem here with Cubase 9.5.21 on Win10 Pro v 16299.371 i7 @3.20 Ghz with 32GB RAM.

Tried closing the project, and also quitting Cubase. Same failure each time.

Same problem on Win10 and Cubase 9 Elements - I can close the project, but not Cubase, the panel stays frozen every time. Had issues since the first time Cubase decided to switch to this strange interface with this thin panel - it is always behaves strangely. I would prefer old look like in early versions.

Something to try…

Close the project first then wait a few (maybe 10?) seconds. Then close Cubase. It might be possible that some VSTs don’t unload from memory as fast as others do and this is causing Cubase to hang during it’s close.

Regards :sunglasses: