Cubase 9 aarrgghhh!!! transport bar alignment..what!

So curiosity got the better of me and I’ve downloaded the trial…it’s blacklisted around 20 of my 64bit plugins which work fine in Cubase 8.5 and Studio one 3.5…wont even let me re activate them :confused:
also crashed twice while updating plugin info…these are the ‘not blacklisted’ plugs and it crashed…
but this is driving me nuts…I have a 3 screen set up and the transport controls are split between two screens…no problem I thought…in Studio one I just right clicked on it and i could align right or align left, so thought this is gonna be easy…but no, can I hell figure out how to align the transport bar left!!! is it possible and if so why the heck is it so …hidden?
I found how to remove the transport bar…but not how to re align it :frowning:
I’ve checked out transport in the help menu to no avail…
I know about the floating transport bar…

would love an answer please :slight_smile: can it be re aligned?

not sure if I understand correctly, you can press F2 and have floating transport bar. You can place it on any screen.
Cheers

yeah I know, but how untidy is that? just re aligning the transport bar at the bottom is much smoother…why didn’t they do that?

cheers

They added the Lower Zone Transport. I don’t know what you’re talking about in terms of alignment of it. The help doc does have this entry if you care to read it: Transport

Hello Steve, than you for popping in…I did read it before I posted this thread…can’t see anything about how to move the transport bar from the middle to the left on my 3 screen set up…I have the project page across 2 screens so at the mo the transport bar is broken in half…the floating bar just gets in the way…it’s perfect at the bottom but not much good for me if I cannot align it left…assuming they copied Studio one’s transport bar I cannot believe they did not make provision to move it left or right. :slight_smile:

best, Kevin :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Right click on the lower zone and choose “setup”. Move everything you want to see on the left above the left divider. Move everything you want to see on the right below the right divider. Whatever you want in the middle, leave in the middle. The program automatically centers whatever is activated in the middle, and will keep everything else behind the dividers.

I don’t want anything in the middle my friend :slight_smile: I want everything on the left, or the middle of the left screen to be precise…which is easily done in Studio one…which has become my go to DAW,
make no mistake…I am disappointed about this, I’ve had Cubase since 4 and would much rather stay with Cubase…it is an excellent DAW with everything I need…but now that I’ve got another DAW to compare it to I realise that it has become very clunky and complicated to use, it seems very old fashioned!!!
the developers have added the lower transport but could not be bothered to remove the floating transport brick which would not be needed if they added a provision to move the lower transport (all of it ) left or right…
also already having lots of probs with 9 blacklisting 64 bit plugs and not recognizing other plugs that work in 8.5,
Studio one does not blacklist any of my plugs…
anyway, I’m ranting…not here to badmouth Cubase…just sad that 9 is to much hassle to try and use…
so will not be upgrading to it…

best, Kevin :slight_smile:

If you don’t want anything in the middle, then don’t put anything in the middle. Just move items behind the left divider, and it will start listing the components from the left side. It’s more customizable than Studio One 3 (which I also own) since you can put anything you want to the right or left or middle in any order you want.

Ok thanks, I’ll take a look but cannot use my Softube plugins in 9 so will not be upgrading to it…I really don’t think I should have problems to sort out when upgrading…

appreciate your input my friend!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I don’t use Softube plugins but I don’t think I’ve head of anyone having trouble using them in Cubase 9. Have you checked if they released any updates?

Softube are my most used plugins (console1 on every track and others. No problems with Cubase 9 on windows 7

Everything works fine here. I think an update of your plugs are needed.

Thanks for your input guys…I don’t always update plugs, if things are working fine I like to try and keep things…as is… I’m using other plugins that I know are not the latest releases and they work OK…and my Softube plugs work in Cubase 8.5 so why would they not work in Cubase 9?
and as I said…in Studio one 3.5 and Mixbus 4 they also work fine…so the problem is Cubase…
Cubase has blacklisted a load of my 64bit plugs… :astonished: :astonished: they never mentioned that in their promotional vids!!!
this time I am not going to waste hours or days trying to figure out what Cubase is doing to me…
thanks to my move to Studio one I can get on with music…where everything and every plug is working fine!!
I’ve deleted the Cubase 9 trial from my system… :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve been with Cubase since 4 and it saddens me to leave but it’s just been getting worse and worse…for me anyways…

best to you all, Kevin :slight_smile:

I have been with Cubase since the days of the Atari. I can’t say that I have not had problems along the way - Cubase 6 was a trial for me. However, I have always been able to make music and enjoy the creative process. Studio 1 is a new DAW, give it time to build up the complexity and some users will inevitably have issues.

Many of the issues that users have are system based. The idea that Cubase can account for the vagaries of every users system is obviously quite impossible. At the minute there is something on my system that does not like the 9.0.20. The mouse cursor goes nuts and crashes Cubase. I’ve reverted to 10 and everything is fine.

Updating plugins is one of the most important thing you can do as the vendors test their plugs in a number of DAWs and update accordingly. I would imagine the blacklisting issue is uppermost in their minds. I have not had any 64 bit plugin blacklisted. But then I update the plugins regularly.

I am not being difficult when I observe that you are a user that posts more issues that most. Perhaps you need to spend more time getting your head around the vagaries of your own system. This might mean checking that you have the latest version of plugins, graphics drivers, soundcard drivers etc. when you move to the next version of Cubase or Studio One.

I have no problem putting issues on the forum and do not think you are being difficult by mentioning it…no problem my friend, I am currently on the latest version of Studio one with everything working perfectly…
If Cubase 8.5 works fine and cubase 9 does not, then I’m supposed start looking at my system and blithely assume that it could not possibly be the fault of cubase…my system has suddenly gone AWOL…when 2 other DAW’s I run work in all respects with all plugs, and it still could not be the fault of Cubase…this is difficult for me to accept,

but peeps keep telling me that during the transitional 30 mins or so of changing from 8.5 to 9 that my system has malfunctioned in some way, well it hasn’t, I’m using another DAW that works 100% and is much more CPU efficient even with drop out protection switched off…
as you say, it’s difficult for manufacturers of DAW’s to ride every system with no problems for some…I accept this but my solution is to use another DAW that works for me…rather than spend time looking for something that may or may not be wrong…
I do miss the chord track and the transpose track, like them alot and will come back to cubase when it works without me having to figure out what’s wrong…
Steinberg have been too busy adding bloat that we don’t need than fixing bugs…buy 9…buy some old bugs…
maybe studio one will end up the same…who knows :slight_smile: :slight_smile: at the moment it works great for me and that’s all I want from a DAW…
I’ve deleted the Cubase 9 trial from my system…
out of curiosity I downloaded a few trials of other DAW’s …all worked fine from the get go…all plugs recognized…

I’m gone now from this forum until I am able to use a Cubase that I can just install and use…like the DAW I am currently using, I will look out for 9.5 or 10 and give it a whirl when they finally release a trial…if it works…I’m back…

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the peeps who helped me during my time with Cubase, they know who they are and I thank them sincerely :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

best to you all, Kevin :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Based on forum comments (Kevin’s and others), it does seem that Cubase is more finicky than other sequencers about what systems it will work on as intended.

I wonder why that is, and if that will ever change.

Well a number of recent issues I had been having were sorted with a AMD Radeon Driver update. I think a lot of users have issues because their video card drivers are not current.