CuBase 9 Artist and Soundblaster Z

Hello everyone,

First time poster here.

I have come back to Cubase after many years and started recording at Home again. Before I upgrade my soundcard I thought I’d give my soundblaster Z the time to see what it was like. I have 2 problems so far.

1 Latency recording through a Yamaha Audiogram 3 Audio Interface. (Was never a problem before) Ive tried dropping the buffer size but I get crackle and pops. I cant get to a happy medium between the latency and noise. It even seems fine for a while then starts popping. Really confused.

2 I can’t get Cubase to Pan on the soundcard. I know, really simple. I know its a soundcard problem because of I play about with the setting on the card driver software I get different results, none of which enable me to pan. Everything is right down the middle. When I do pan the controls it keeps in the middle if I pan full left, but panning right silences the whole track with a very very slight muffled audio in the background, but still centred. Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be

I obviously need to get a new card but would like to know I’m aware of the case of these problems and I don’t get them with my new card.

Thanks Gogsy