Cubase 9 bundled plugins - overlap with old versions?

Hello everyone,

Quick question about the bundled plugins - on my current system I started with Cubase 7.5 and upgraded through 8.0, 8.5, and 9.0.

My installed programs list has many entries that were for bundled freebie plugins that came with earlier versions of Cubase, I see things from 7.5 like “Groove Agent ONE Content” and things from 8.0 like “Steinberg VST Bass Amp Content”.

I am wondering - do any of these overlap with what is bundled with 9.0, so that I can remove them? For instance I see I have “Groove Agent SE” from a newer version, no idea if that also includes the same samples that are in “Groove Agent ONE”.

I never actually use these bundled plugins for any work, however when I am doing a film scoring project I have no idea what I might need, and don’t want to delete sounds I have installed if they are potentially useful.

Thanks!

All old content (starting with Cubase 4) is still in use by the current versions.

In your case you shouldn’t remove anything.

People coming from Cubase 4 or 5 can remove the HalionOne plugin and and content since they were 100% replaced by Halion Sonic SE.

I had to reinstall windows10 on my pc.
I had Cubase 8, 8.5, and 9.
I’v only installed Cubase 9 - I also thought it will be there everything, but I don’t find Padshop on my VST list.
Do I have to install 8 or 8.5 again?

Thanks

You installed the Cubase Pro 9 UPDATE. This is meant only for people who already have Cubase 8.5 installed. Download the full Cubase Pro 9 installer from your MySteinberg account.

Thank you so much Romantique Tp!!!
It was very smooth, the installer only updated the missing parts. :slight_smile:

Cheers :slight_smile: