I just upgraded from 8.5.
My system: W10, ASUS ZenBook i7 8G RAM, 256 SSD lots of free space
8.5 works perfectly
- Installed the C9 upgrade
- Registered the activation code via eLicenser, now it displays the licence C9 full licence
- Started C9 (administrator mode, as always)
- C9 loads.
- I say register later when asked
- No matter whatever I do, when I exit (tried it via the right hand X and File/Quit also, it crashes with a standard Windows error message saying “CUBASE 9 HAS STOPPED WORKING” and then freezes.
- Next time I try to open C9, it of course forgets the plugins and preferences and also forgets if I want to register or not. Back to square one.
I tried this several times.
I re-checked 8.5. It still works. Thank god!