Cubase 9 Hitpoint detection still broken

i, too, notice the cubase detection protocol leaves much to be desired. perhaps you & the team could take a look at recycle and take cues & reverse-engineer as to how differently it detects transients compared to the [always always flawed] cubase algo? recycle seems to ‘almost always’ get it right.

It is not only audio that has hard to detect transient in it, like bass and vocals. Even drums have too many misses

Does Groove Agent’s beat slicing work better for you?

Is there an update on this ?

No still broken, and no workarounds I’m aware of.

Yes, I never use the Hitpoint Detection in Cubase. It has always been bad. I thought I was one of the few who really disliked it.
Instead I do it BY HAND in Cubase. I could count hours and hours of doing this manually. And I do it in every project I work with.
It’s really bad compared to other daws/software (even the ultra-old Propellerheads Recycle is WAY better - rex2-format is not working correctly in Cubase though).

This need to be fixed, once and for all.
Any good news for Cubase 10 Andreasm ?

There’s a large amount of years-old important issues like this that we’re hoping will be finally be fixed in C10. Fingers crossed.

I’m glad to report that my hitpoint complaint in the past (algorithm adds a point at the END of each note near a zero crossing) seems to have been fixed in Cubase Pro 10. It now works as expected on recorded bass parts. I still need to shift-click to remove a handful before ‘creating slices’, but all good! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

It’s actually detecting hitpoints accurately for you? C10 unusable for me.

Yes, seems to be working a lot better. I only used it on 2 bass parts today, and i can use it again reliably. Need to try more tests when I have time, been busy in the audio aligning tool for vocals, its amazing !

The audio align is pretty awesome…at least it works so far. I posted pictures regarding the new hitpoint detection being broken.