Cubase 9 in december 2016.

Hi guys! I have a simple question about Grace period update! I bought Cubase 7.5 artist and soon after 8 was out…so i received a grace period upgrade… Now i wanted to move into Cubase pro 8.5 so i bought the summer offer that was on…

If i wait until november - december to activate the pro version will i receive a grace period update to 9 or not ?

Thanks!! :wink:

Yes, most likely anyway. It’s what I’m doing as well :wink:

They may be addressing it now. It is probably not an easy fix. They probably have to rebuild completely around a totally new video player which might involve licensing issues, etc. and they probably are trying to pick one that won’t leave them high and dry like Apple Quicktime did.

VLC

Presonus Studio One Pro v. 3.3.1 has a new Non-Quicktime based Video Player for both Mac and PC O.Systems.

Hopefully Steinberg will get their Non-QT video-player out soon for Cubase Pro 8.5, and not have to wait for Cubase Pro 9 to offer this.

Hi,

I agree. I hope that Steinberg is not going to use it as a ploy to get users to pay for an upgrade from v.8.5 to v.9!

Ta,

Paul

Jas,

I am wondering if a project that was created using Quick-Time (or as in my case is midway in it’s creation) will open/play using whichever new VIDEO s/w Steinberg has implemented into it’s system?!

Cheers,

Paul

Sparky!!! :laughing:

mow the lawn? MOW THE FREAKIN’ LAWN??? What good does it do I you like me live on the seventh floor?
HAHA! I don’t even have a lawn!
They should at least fix the elevators first* !!! :imp:

• true story, the freakin’ elevators has more downtime than than you can shake a stick at!!! Maybe I’ll move soon? :mrgreen:

Ok then, C9 will give you a shave and a brazilian… :open_mouth:!

Is there any news from Steinberg about Cubase 9 ? (essentially mix option always before :slight_smile:

Thanks

See how many half-@r5ed features and unfixed bugs they can squeeze in this time…

Hi,

Well it’s now 6 x MONTHS since we lost APPLE QUICKTIME and still not a single word on any progress for the replacement of such a vital tool?!

If it is not replaced by December 2016 then I think I might have just have to take the plunge and switch to another DAW.

Ta,

Paul

Quicktime player is not used in Cubase.